• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Can your six year old......

exclamation-point-demotivational-poster-1266652452.jpg

That skirt looks like way more trouble than its worth...however, I would rub her down with wesson and slide her around on a wood floor for a while. Maybe Christy and I could get about 6 of these and play a game of curling with them?

Way to go Hippy's son. And congrats Hippy on raising your son a disc golf fanatic. I work with many fathers and it is always good to hear when they can do something with their youg children. Luckily in a few weeks I will have my first child and cannot wait to take him on the course.

I take my G/F's seven year old with me. He loves it too, but I too can only get him to play 9 holes before he wants to play in the park. He does pretty good, I bought him his own bag and discs. He always wants to tee off with his 100 gram Polecat. Do you teach your son technique or just let him wing it for the most part?

I am trying to teach him technique!! He knows the concept!! Keeping him focused is key!!!! He works on his x step himself!!!!! He knows how to throw sidearm as well as backhand!!!! Pretty darn impressive to watch him!!!

!!!!!!! !! !!!!!!!!!! ! !!!! !!!!!!!!! *ç%&!@"#±Ç

Realy. More than one explamation mark is a sure sign that you need to go and take a cold shower.

I've got three boys that all play. My youngest, who turned 5 yesterday, has played very well this summer. My 6 year-old can throw long and straight. He also can catch a catch-disc really well.

My oldest boy, 14, does great when he plays he just doesn't play often at all.

My 3.5 year old throws RHFH and can throw better than my 5.5 year old. The 5.5 year old throws RHBH but can putt a little better than the younger one. The have both come along to play once or twice. Of course they dont know how to wait their turn, they get distracted, or throw 30 feet and then walk their disc the rest of the way. But they love playing!

Happened today!!!!!! He shot 75!!!!!! Totally stoked!!!!! He was on fire!!! Took his time threw long and straight!!!! Made some good putts!!!!! One more time 80 or under he establishes(the most he can have is 25)!!! Just to think!!! With todays round he would have 75-50!!! Tied for 5th place!!! With me and I shot 48-50!!!! How would you like to get beat by a 6 year old or having t

What an awesome thread. Congrats! I have 3 kids ( girl 10, girl 8.5, boy 7) and they all play a little, but do not even really keep score on any hole. They enjoy it, but never last even 9 holes.

Hippy Jr is going to tear up the handicap league. Almost no one else can take more than 1-2 strokes off their game month to month.

Shoot 81!!!!!MIne did!! He comes with me every weekend to our local handicap!!!! He is trying to establish!!!! The kid loves to play!!!! He always plays but never finishes all 18!! He gets tired or sidetracked!! But for the last 3 weeks he has played every hole!! Because he "is in the tournament"!!!! he has to finish!!!His goal is to shoot at least 80!!! 25 is max handicap you can have!!! his first round was 88, then 89 , now 81!!!! funny thing is , that he beat an adult this weekend!!!! Gotta love it!!!!!

My 3 year old comes with us also!!!! Makes the whole round!!! What a trooper!!!! Spends lots of time on my shoulders between shots and holes!! But that is what Dads are supposed to do!!!!!

you are way too excited!!!!!1!

Ha ha another proud papa. That is awesome news. I have a thread about my 3 year old. He has been launching it past the 100ft mark. I did get some video of him yesterday, but the memory card had an error. He has been throwing further then the current world record holder for 3 year olds in distance. The current kid is a 104ft and my son has unofficially thrown 115ft or so. This from a three year old that has been playing since, before he could walk.

I do not keep score for him too many times but, one time I did he had a 3 on a 160ft hole while my brother-in-law had a 4 ha ha beat by a 3 year old. My son is throwing better then his mom already. He has also sunk putts from a good 40ft out. The bad thing is he does not know how to lay up yet so his shot will sail past the basket. This will come to him as he gets older.

I also have a 2 1/2 year old daughter and a 10 month old son. They do not have much interest in disc golf yet.

Latest posts