• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Canby Park in Wilmington, DE

disc gopher

Birdie Member
Canby park in wilmington, DE is getting a 9 hole disc golf course. At least 2 holes' fairways have already been cleared, and slightly used baskets will be installed soon. I havent been able to get out and help yet but I do know that it will be somewhat wooded, and par 27. Post your questions here! :thmbup:

also, it will hopefully become a full 18 hole course in a year or so

more info from the DDG: http://forums.stickitdg.com/smf/index.php?board=9.0

Pretty cool! I doubt I'll ever get up to play it, but a lot of my relatives/family grew up or lived there. Hope it all goes through and that the course turns out well!

When you guys get around to installing the back 9, or new baskets, consider the Vortex by Arroyo Disc Sports. Its the newest, lightest, best catching basket on the market. Lots of info can be found on the ADS website and in the equipment forums here on dgcr

When you guys get around to installing the back 9, or new baskets, consider the Vortex by Arroyo Disc Sports. Its the newest, lightest, best catching basket on the market. Lots of info can be found on the ADS website and in the equipment forums here on dgcr

yeah I've seen them and they looked really freakin sweet but I doubt that will happen, judging by the fact that the guy who is in charge of getting the course in the ground bought the baskets himself. Some old mach1's that are still in great shape and catch well.

UPDATE: the fairways for holes 1,9,5,6, and 8 have been cleared and are playable except that the baskets and tees are not in place yet. I can put some pics up in a couple days if anyone is interested.

UPDATE: 6 of the 9 holes have been cleared. this course will be extremely easy when playing from the shorts (mostly 150-225 foot shots through the woods from the shorts) the longs will still be deucable but will definitely not be gimmes by any stretch of the imagination. Comparable to white clay distance and difficulty wise except there will be way more trees and some water. This place has lots of potential, and I know it can be a kick ass course, especially if the ddg and dave winward get some more support in this endeavor

canby park

hey, just heard about the canby park disc golf course and i couldn't be happier. i live in ashley heights by the DMA and i work at fergusons across the street. i hope this course works out and am willing to help in any way. i was told there is gonna be a beta tournament. when will that be? i would also like to donate a besket but need to know what type will be used there. thanks again to whomever got the ball rolling and again if any help is needed hit me up online or call my cell @ 302-535-1959. thanks dave c

beta is on december 3rd. and ANY basket you would like to donate would be greatly appreciated. PM me

The tournament was great. There is some more work to be done but everything so far was outstanding. There is massive potential for that course and you could really stretch some of the holes to make it even longer. I could see that course having multiple tee pads and becoming very difficult. There are some holes where you could possibly add another 200 to 300 feet and make them true par 4's and par 5's. You could possibly add a bridge across the pond on hole 4 and really stretch that hole out. There will be some drainage problems b/c most of the holes are in the low parts of the park but who is scared of a little mud. Overall, the course was awesome and I look forward to playing it again the next time I'm down there.

Latest posts