• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Car broken into at Knob Hill today - be on the lookout for a box of Vibram discs

chris deitzel

Double Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
My car was broken into today at Knob Hill Park in Warrendale, PA. Window was shattered, they stole a box of Vibram Discs and a bag of guitar pedals. The discs were all new and are all chunk discs. They are all pretty easy to distinguish. If you happen to see anyone in your area trying to sell these discs please let me know.

Here is a photo of most of the discs.

The green and the orange disc on the right of the 2nd picture had been sold prior to this incident. THANKS FOR READING AND HOPE WE CAN FIND OUT WHO DID THIS.

Attachments

• P1050628.jpg
    P1050628.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 134
  • P1050319.jpg
    P1050319.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 150
That's terrible man. You had a ton of discs there. Lucky they are pretty distinctive. I will keep an eye out for ya. Also, what kind of guitar pedals? I'm pretty knowledgeable there too so I would know if I saw one of yours

Yeah they took a lot of other stuff too. About $750 worth of guitar pedals and cables.

Mutron Phasor II
Malekko Ekko 616
TC Electronics tuner
Maxon ROD 880

That is unbelievable that people would do that. Were there many people playing when you were there? Do you think it was a fellow DGer?

There was no one else out there today. Me and my 2 buddies. My car and my buddies cars had the windows broken. I'm guessing after they went through my car, they decided they didn't need to look in the third.

I have my suspicions of who it may be. If it isn't a total stranger??

And yes, the guitar pedals are killing me!!! Expensive stuff. Not to mention the other thing they stole@!!!!

Sorry to hear that Chris. Knob has always seemed like a safe enough place to leave stuff in your car while you tossed a quick round. I am hoping that everything that was taken from both cars can be replaced. Did you guys end up filing a police report?

This is why I leave an old blanket over things of value (like my other discs, etc.) in the back of my wagon. Usually if folks cant see "things of value" through the window, they are less likely to bust a window to take your shizz. I have a buddy that is constantly leaving things like his CD case wide open and his other DG bag laying wide out in the open (in the back seat) while we set off for 18 holes. I keep telling him that one day someone is just going to break in and take his $#!+... Lesson learned.

Prevention works wonders some times.

My car has this:
prius-hidden-trunk.jpg

It is indespensible.

I parked there with a car that wouldn't lock for 7 years. Now 3 months after I buy a new car they smash the window. Nothing of value was in view. We were just the only cars there at the time. Easy target.