• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Carmel, IN. Northview Chritian Church

Matthew boals

Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
A 18 Hole course at Northview Chritian Church, at the S.W. Corner of 131st St. & Hazel Del Pkwy, will be installed on the grounds in the Spring/Summer of 2011. The course will have downhill shots,from the highest point in the county! With perfectly mowed fairways, mature growth, perfectly placed Discatchers (with Alt. Placements) Having 3...yes 3 tees per hole (Natural,as if now) this course will challenge every skill level! Blue (Pro) about 7000'....White (Am) about 5,500'.....Red (Novice) about 4000'. You can find more information at the Unions site at Thehdgu.com

First let me correct my spelling....obviously it's "Christian"...fat fingers on an iPhone keyboard. I'm surprised I don't mess up more often. It's not in the ground yet. So, no course page. As with,I believe, every course that's under this thread.

Boy, I wish there had been some DG courses in Indy when I lived there - moved away in 1982. Any Indy oldtimers remember when there was a course at, I think the name was, Eagle Creek Park on the northwest side? You had to pay to get into the park, and it was only 9 holes, so I didn't play it hardly at all.

I had much more fun with the 18 hole object courses that Noel Bewley and I used to play at Ellenberger and Christian Parks on the near eastside of town. I lived just south of Castleton, but didn't mind the drive.

It's looking like, If everything works out, the course will be ready for play at the end of June. The Church grounds does have, and is used alot, a cross country trail. When I make a new course page I'll post dates of when it could be closed.

The course was called Eagle Highlands, it was on the west side of Eagle Creek Resv. The 9-holes got moved in 1987 to make room for an archery range for the Pan Am Games. The baskets went to Washington Park and the IDGC added another 9 the next year. Did you ever get to play the "Washington West" course that we made for the 1992 PDGA Am Worlds? It was a great course and lots of fun!

Boy, I wish there had been some DG courses in Indy when I lived there - moved away in 1982. Any Indy oldtimers remember when there was a course at, I think the name was, Eagle Creek Park on the northwest side? You had to pay to get into the park, and it was only 9 holes, so I didn't play it hardly at all.
I played it a couple of times. Drove up from Columbus for it (yep, that desperate to play on real baskets). The only other course I knew of back then was Redbrush Park in Seymour (also 9 holes and also with an admission charge).

We've come a long way, baby...

Looking forward to this new course (and always hoping for more)!:thmbup:

It will be in the ground by the end of June!

course opens this monday. 6/13/2011, also there will be a pro shop in Capstone at the church. capstone Cafe and bookstore, has amazing drinks. it'll be fun to play. they sell somewhere between 12 and 16 discs, limited selection but its Innova so its good. great course and great groundskeeper.

It's OPEN and ready for play! Check out the course page for hours & Rules. Make sure you check out the "course news & updates" section.

Matt-it was good to meet you out at the course today. I forgot to mention that there is a new 9 hole course that just opened at West Bridge Church in Danville. I friend of mine designed and built the course for his church. A good chunk of it is in a corn field so it definately is lacking hole and shot variety. I will get the course posted on here once I get all the hole info.

The HDGU Tues Night Doubles league is alternating locations between Dillon Park and The Hill at Northview. This next Tuesday, the 19th will be at Northview and you can get the full schedule at www.thehdgu.com See you there!

i will have to go check it out...i dont go to many different indy area courses since i live right on ATH