• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cart Building Instructions

rusch_bag

* Ace Member *
I know there is another cart thread but it is getting a lot of bashing of carts and I wanted something fresh. My topic is also a little different. I don't need any discussing of carts here, I don't care your opinion on them. I just need help trying to build one out of a golf push cart. So for those of you that have done something similar, what did you do to make yours?

Good thread I was thinking about building one of those myself. You are talking about the 2 wheel carts that kinda sit up? Also would be cool if we got some suggestions on the baby cart or jogger conversions.

The baby stroller is actually pretty easy depending on what you want to do. I would recommend a jogging stroller with the 3 bike tires for better traction and easier pushing around the course. You can either just place your bag right in the seat to hold it. Or if you have extra carabiners you can find locations on the frame to hook your bag too and remove the seat of the stroller for weight reduction and easier access to other parts of the stroller for additional items.

I'll post a pic on here in a couple mins of a cart without the seat.

Last edited:
Ok here is the pic.

IMG00540.jpg

dude go rummage and find a real golf cart thing and modify it with wood shelf type thing for your bag, and a bungee cord to hold it in place, its the cheapest, and it totally works

You can get the strollers on craigslist for pretty cheap. Might not be as cheap as a ball golf pull cart but the third wheel would definitely help the stability of the cart on a stroller.

Now, if you could get a stroller that would support the weight of an adult, you could mod the cart to add a seat in addition to carrying all your discs (and beerz). That would be a pretty solid add-on, IMO.

Now, if you could get a stroller that would support the weight of an adult, you could mod the cart to add a seat in addition to carrying all your discs (and beerz). That would be a pretty solid add-on, IMO.

Disc golf wheelchair? :|

F' that, I'm disc golfing in my Hoveround!

I was about to make one of these as well :D. I'm looking for a cart that would hold a cooler and be easy to store additional stuff. From what I've seen a Jogging Stroller might be better than modifying a regular Ball Golf Cart for what I want. Though I do already have a ball golf cart.

Theres tons of cart guys out here young and older. The thing is alot of courses around here allow for it to be easy to push one but Not all are cart friendly..ie the very technical ones. However nobody here discrimonates carts really. O can see how it can save back pain on the peeps who have back pain like myself. Im 27 and have chronic lower back pain.while I dnt have a cart I do know it helps .ive had caddys,or carried few discs for bs rounds and having less back pain def helps with a round. Ill see if I can get pics of diff carts for ya next time im at a tourney rusch. Lots of cool ones. But most just get a rugged cart on craigslist and modify it a bit. Tons of jeep brand strollers/joggers around.

Btw.i eventually plan on buildin one myself since my back pain isnt going anywhere anytime soo.

Oh and ive seen tons of diff varieties of carts. From ball golf carts,flat cloth sleeve carts,stroller and jogger carts to others that look like the big cylinder with disc shelves and a cooler

Word of warning, if you're going to do this, build it well. A local open player had his wheel axle break at an invitational yesterday, and he had to carry his cart for 13 holes of the final round. Definitely cost him his round.

yea definitely. also,ive heard of people around here filling their tires with something. i cant really remember what but it was foam or silicone or some **** to keep the tires going even if you get a flat. i dont think it was fix a flat but ill ask around

If you get a cart with bike wheels, go to a local bike shop and buy solid rubber tires. They're uncommon, but they exist, and work fine.

heres one a local has for sale. i dunno if he had the tube made or he bought it like that but its pretty nice. just takes up a little space in his ride so hes getting rid of it. pretty sweet because i think the lower portion has a cooler or somethin. i dont remember really what he said haha

242416_228550313827243_100000168282398_1089601_7036568_o.jpg

If you get a cart with bike wheels, go to a local bike shop and buy solid rubber tires. They're uncommon, but they exist, and work fine.

A lot more common option, and one that I think will work better, would be to go to a bike shop and get thorn-resistant tubes, if you're worried about getting flats. Otherwise, just make sure you've got enough air in the tires, and you shouldn't have too many problems, and the set-up will be lighter.

I just made a cart similar to Go-Cart by GGGT see the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udj8cX_j_wc

The only minus when compare with Go-Cart is mine is heavier due to more aluminum materials. I plan to build the second one with less aluminum materials (i.e. use .75" "L" aluminum instead of 1.5" and so on). I have serious neck issues so cart is godsend for me and I live in Florida where it is flat so that cart is perfect for me. For hilly/rough courses, I will have to use bag with much fewer discs.

The key plus of my cart is that it can easily disassembled (less than 10 mins) and fit into large suitcase for traveling via plane.

Other plus is square tube which is easier to mount the umbrella holders.

You know what the fellas at my dads plant made a very nice deer cart/pulley for when we are hunting in the mountains and have to drag a deer up a very steep slope. I might see if he can have them whip me up something nice :D.

Latest posts