• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Celebrities Disc Golfing

RussMB

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Here is a little nugget for thought. Awhile back my wife showed me an article in one of her entertainment magazines. It was some photos and a brief interview with Matthew Perry about him playing Disc Golf. So I thought I would ask: Does anybody know if any other celebs play Disc Golf? ...or even ran into one on a course?

Not so much a celebrity, but I've heard of former Supreme Court justice Sandra Day O'Connor playing at a Wisconsin resort.

"Dallas" and "I Dream of Jeanie" star Larry Hagman has played. I think he used to have a comped PDGA membership.

When I was down in Jacksonville playing at Ed Austin, David Garrard from the Jacksonville Jaguars had come out to try it out, and the local shop had given him some discs for free so he could try it out. It was pretty cool playing on the same course at the same time.

I believe when he isn't playing Naked Bongos Matthew Mcconaughey problem throws the occasional disc. Just a guys though.

When I was down in Jacksonville playing at Ed Austin, David Garrard from the Jacksonville Jaguars had come out to try it out, and the local shop had given him some discs for free so he could try it out. It was pretty cool playing on the same course at the same time.

its amazing how we give richj people stuff for fre and charge an arm and a leg for less fortunate.

on a different note do you have pics?

its amazing how we give richj people stuff for fre and charge an arm and a leg for less fortunate.

on a different note do you have pics?

The rich and famous could bring more people to the game. The poor could scare some people away.

That's cool.

That's cool, I just wondered. Heck, there might even be some celebs on here!

I have been told by the locals at Tuscawilla Park in Daytona Beach that Nascar driver Carl Edwards plays and has played at Tuscawilla when Nascar comes to Daytona.

Wouldn't it be cool to play with a celeb/professional athlete and give them advice and kick their butt at the same time?

I have been told by the locals at Tuscawilla Park in Daytona Beach that Nascar driver Carl Edwards plays and has played at Tuscawilla when Nascar comes to Daytona.
True. Carl is from Columbia, Mo. He learned to play at Albert-Oakland when he was a teenager. From what I understand he plays just for fun, but he still plays.

There was a picture in People back in the day of the guy from Friends...not Matthew Perry or the guy who did the voice of the Giraffe in Madagascar, the other guy...and he was throwing a golf disc.

I heard through Internet rumor that Sandra Day O'Conner installed a private 9-hole disc golf course on her property. It could be complete bunk, but this is the Internet...the official home of complete bunk!

Wouldn't it be cool to play with a celeb/professional athlete and give them advice and kick their butt at the same time?
Given his problem with losing at anything, Michael Jordan. Other players have said that if you beat him at golf or checkers or anything he gets mad and makes you keep playing until he wins. That might be fun in a sick way.:D

I've always wanted to see how a QB like David Garrard or Peyton Manning would throw a disc. Probably some killer bombs if they got their timing and everything down. Presumably they know all about shifting weight, snap, etc...

Latest posts