• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Chain Reaction - June 15th - Westpark

AcesandChains

Birdie Member
One day C-Tier PDGA sanctioned tournament.

This is the day before Father Day. All Dads who sign up will have a special CTP available just for Dads!

Two 27 hole rounds at Westpark. Westpark is one of the most popular courses in the Joliet area. Hole 2 is an easy shot down from the top of the ridge to the basket below, while hole 11, The Green Mile, is a long shot with a fairway that narrows significantly from the halfway point to the pin. The course plays thru mature oaks. Tee pads are natural.

Pre-registration is HIGHLY encouraged. This is a one day only event, and very likely to fill. Plus, if you pre-register, it helps us run a smoother tournament. Even though I prefer pre-registration, there is NO Day of Fee if spots are available.

Check in, and day of registration (if there are spots available) will be between 8-9am at the pavillion above hole 8. Registration ends promptly at 9. Players meeting at 9:15am and play begins after that.

TD Headquarters will be at the pavillion above hole 8. The pavillion is off Wheeler Ave.

All divisions play on Saturday.

Base tournament fee is $30 for amateur divisions and $55 for Pro divisions. Ace fund is $2 and CTP is $3 (both optional of course). Lastly, if you are not a current PDGA member, there is a $10 fee that gets passed on to the PDGA.

Chain Reaction for Rio - A Charity Fund Raiser for Cancer Research

This is a now charity fund raiser event benefitting the American Brain Tumor Association in memory of Kerrie Gulczynski Long. Kerrie was my wife's friend since childhood who died 10 years ago from a brain tumor. So, this one has a lot of personal meaning to me and my family. If you've ever lost someone to cancer, you know it can be devastating for everyone involved. Please come out and support a worthy cause!

Kerrie's pen name was Rio. Therefore, the tournament name has been changed to Chain Reaction for Rio.

I am, of course, looking for both cash and item donations for this tournament. Cash donations will go directly to the American Brain Tumor Association. Item donations will be used for special second round CTPs, and if we get enough of them I'll have a raffle as well. Please contact me at 815-993-3472 if you are interested in making a donation.

Fund raiser for cancer research

I almost forgot to add: If you wish to donate, you can stop in at the shop, or mail your item/check to:

Aces and Chains
1706 W. Jefferson St.
Joliet, IL 60435

Please make the check out to American Brain Tumor Association. Thanks in advance for your consideration!

New donations/sponsors

Donations/Sponsors list:

1.) Frank Grimes - $50
2.) Sooper Lube, 1111 W. Jefferson St., Joliet. - 2 Free Oil Changes

A big hearty thank you to Frank Grimes and Sooper Lube for their generous donations to a great cause. Keep em coming!

More Sponsors

Barolo Restaurant - $25 Gift Certificate
Fade Gear - 1 or more Fade Gear Bags

I am very happy to get the Barolo Gift Certificate. My wife Diane and I ate there last week, and it is the best food we've had in a long long time. They said the cook there was a "master chef", and they weren't kidding! I've never had Lasagna that good. (Sorry Mom!) My wife's plate was just as good. Everything was excellent. And the dining room is very classy - a great place to take a date you want to impress. I highly recommend them. Barolo's Restaurant - 2765 Black Road - Joliet, Il.

And what can I say about Fade Gear? They are a local company, and they make a great bag. Not only that, but they supported the Wild West Tournament last year. We carry them in both shops. Come and get yourself one!

Fade Gear

Yes, that's correct, they are out of Sterling, IL. Just down the road from here. ;?)

Love their bags, especially the limited edition ones they put out a few times a year. I have the Fly or Die, and I've also had the Zombie bag.

3 new sponsors

3 more new sponsors to add.

Tobacco and Cigars: 3189 W. Jefferson St., Joliet. Very nice gentleman running this store. He donated two E-Cigs right on the spot. All your smoking needs at one store. On Jefferson, in the shopping center on the corner of Jefferson and Essington.

Mimi's Cafe: 2656 Show Place Drive (off 59), Naperville. Very generous donation of 3 dozen muffins. I'll be offering these up for $2 each at lunch, or 2 for $3, with ALL proceeds going to the American Brain Tumor Association. If you've ever had their muffins, you'll be in line to get one. They also make a great gourmet breakfast if you are ever in the area...check em out.

Innova Disc Golf: In addition to their usual sponsorship/support, Innova is donating 3 Champion Shark 3's. Innova is always there to lend their support for disc golf tournaments! Don't forget to support the companies that support the sport!

2 more sponsors

2 More Sponsors:

Bakers Square: A very generous donation of 20 $5 gift cards. Can you say Mmmmmmm.....Pie?

Aces and Chains: I've sweetened the pot a little with two 20th Anniversary Buzzz's.

2 new sponsors

Two new sponsors:

Mr. Sub: 1507 W. Jefferson St., Joliet - Very generous donation of 3 $25 gift cards to Mr. Sub. Plus, they have the best subs in the area. Try the Philly Steak - Clayton's favorite! They are usually busy, but always get the order right.

Latititude 64: Svante hooked me up with 5 new Latitude 64 discs! I'll give you more info when I get the order in. I don't need to tell most of you that they make great discs with lots of glide. If you haven't tried them out yet, you should give em a throw.

More sponsors

More sponsors:

Discraft: Always there to help with any tournament, Discraft came thru again with a nice CTP package including a bag, towel, Rapid dry perf shirt, Supercolor "CTP winner" Buzzz and Supercolor mini.

Aurelio's Pizza: Another generous sponsor - gave two $10 gift certificates toward some of the best pizza in the Joliet area. The owner Luke not only supports the sport - this is the second time he's sponsored one of my tournaments - but he also employs a few disc golfers as well.

Jel Sert (& Randy Moore Sr.): They are very proud that everything they sell is made in the good ol' US of A. Not just the product, but all the packaging too. Sr. dropped off two very nice Jel Sert boxes chock full of good stuff. You'll have to see it to believe it. He also dropped off a Pro Wraith to sweeten it a little. I've seen Jel Sert donate many times to good causes. Great company, great guy. Definitely deserving of our support!

McDonalds: Donated 10 Extra Value Meals to help us raise money. I spoke with the owner, and he is very friendly. Located just down the street from the shop, stop in for a meal on the way to WestPark.

Discount Tire: Donated 17 coupons good toward a $50 prepaid Visa with the purchase of 4 new tires, or 4 new wheels. Right accross the street from the shop. I can personally vouch for Discount Tire as I've used them many times. They stand behind their service. Check em out if you need new tires, or even just a tire repair.

Full list of sponsors

Here's the full list of sponsors (so far):

1.) Frank Grimes - $50
2.) Sooper Lube, 1111 W. Jefferson St., Joliet - 2 Free Oil Changes
3.) Barolo Restaurant, 2765 Black Road, Joliet - $25 Gift Certificate
4.) Fade Gear - 4 Fade Gear Crunch Bags!
5.) Tobacco and Cigars - 3189 W. Jefferson St., Joliet - 2 E-Cigarettes (approx $20)
6.) Mimi's Cafe - 2656 Show Place Drive (off 59), Naperville - 3 Dozen muffins
7.) Innova - 3 Champion Shark 3's
8.) Bakers Square - 2211 W. Jefferson St., Joliet - $100 in Gift Cards!
9.) Aces and Chains - 1706 W. Jefferson St., Joliet - 2 10th Anniversary Buzzz's
10.) Mr. Sub - 1507 W. Jefferson St., Joliet - 3 $25 gift cards!
11.) Latitude 64 & Westside Discs - 5 new discs! (Gold Stag, Gold Tursas, Gold Fury, Gold Stilleto, & a Gold Underworld)
12.) Discraft - Nice CTP package including Discraft bag, Towel, Rapid Dry Perf shirt, Supercolor "CTP winner" Buzzz and Supercolor Mini.
13.) Aurelio's Pizza - 3101 W. Jefferson St., Joliet - 2 $10 gift cards.
14.) Jel Sert (& Randy Moore Sr.) - Two very nice Jel Sert kits & a Pro Wraith
15.) Discount Tire - 1719 W. Jefferson St., Joliet - 17 coupons for a $50 Prepaid Visa with the purchase of 4 tires or 4 wheels.
16.) McDonalds - 1515 W. Jefferson St., Joliet - 10 Free Extra Value Meals

677702952_o.jpg

Here's one of the trophies for Chain Reaction for Rio. Still some details to finish on it, but you get the idea. It's made so you can put your favorite disc behind the chains and it will hold it for you. Or, you can display it without a disc in it.

Pro is gold, Advanced silver, Intermediate is blue, Recreational is white, and Novice is red.

I have trademarked this trophy, so don't get any wise ideas!

Thank You

First off, let me just say how proud I was of the disc golf community yesterday. We had a lot of players come out and generously support a worthy cause. My sincere thanks to everyone who participated!

Special mention: Anthony Noe aced hole 3 during the tournament for $84! When I handed him the money during the awards ceremony, he handed it right back to me to add to the funds we were raising for the American Brain Tumor Association. THAT was a very classy move!

We raised a total of $831!

Cash donations were also given by Frank Grimes, Kayla Van Tricht, and Sean Callahan.

A lot of people were instrumental in making this happen, in addition to our generous sponsors listed above. I would like to thank Michael Kursell, Aaron Studer, Kevin Schramm, Jesus Padilla, Kayla Van Tricht, Cory Clements, Marianne Devo-Green, Connor Chwaszczewski, and Larry Pennuto.

If I missed anyone, please accept my sincere apologies. It was a very long day, and by the end I was completely exhausted.

The scores are up as of this morning at 8am. Official TD report has already been submitted, so the ratings for this tournament should show up on the next update.

Mother Nature showed a little emotion during the first round, with some very light rain falling. But the skies smiled down on us for the whole second round. The temperature rose to 80 degrees out and it was very humid.

Total course length with the three extra holes was 7166 feet!

I hope everyone had a great time, and thanks again for helping us raise funds for such a worthy cause. See you at the next tournament...

679184399_o.jpg

Thanks for a fun tournament! And for raising a bunch of money for a good cause.

Good of the other division winners to hang around for the photo while we finished the 4 hole+CTP MA4 playoff ;)