• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] champion aviar

shane8002

Bogey Member
Does anybody throw these just bought it cuz I've never seen a champ one before has no bead I thought it would be more stable but it turns hard even with alot of hyzer

Now looka here son, beads are more stable. You have a P&A mold, but you should still be able to get decent distance with a hyzer flip. If it just turns and burns under 250' you got some oat.

My Champ Aviar used to be my main putter. I loved it for every shot and my Star Aviar couldn't touch it.

Then I found Magnets...

I have one that I used to throw off the tee a bit, because it has enough more fade that I could throw it into a head wind without worrying as much. Now I throw the R-pro aviar for those situations. I never liked the way champion putters felt when I used them to putt.

I got one for Christmas this year specifically for night/glow golf. It lights up great with a little LED on the bottom. I expected it to be a bit more stable than my other newish DX P & As, but it really flies just about the same for me, meaning it's a good turnover disc if thrown hard and will still hold a nice line if thrown easier. And it should stay that way for a long time... due the the Champ plastic and the fact that it's exclusively for night rounds.

....I never liked the way champion putters felt when I used them to putt.

I cant use a putter for anything (except driving off of the tee on shorter holes) in Star or Champ plastic. I have to use DX/ProD or Pro/EliteX when it comes to just putting. I cant get a good enuff grip with Champ or Star plastic on a putter. It's like using rubbers: It just dont feel right.:\

I have had bot champ and dx aviars and it took a while for me to like the champ as much as the dx, but once i get used to it i like it a LOT better. Seems to carry well off the tee, and it works really well for me on the approach and put. and because its a champ plastic, it will never wear out. im a big fan.

My findings with champ/Z/etc putters is that those plastics have no "give" when snapping them off the tee. So for me, I tend to grip lock them just a little bit, torque them, and turn them over.

Having said that, I have a glow aviar I got in a player's pack that is a glideless, stable lid.

Crystal challengers are sweet though. They have enough flex to snap the he'll out of them.

I got one for Christmas this year specifically for night/glow golf. It lights up great with a little LED on the bottom. I expected it to be a bit more stable than my other newish DX P & As, but it really flies just about the same for me, meaning it's a good turnover disc if thrown hard and will still hold a nice line if thrown easier. And it should stay that way for a long time... due the the Champ plastic and the fact that it's exclusively for night rounds.

i can get you a used glow avair if you want

spotsy dg club has beadless glow champion aviars as fundraisers for the upcoming loriella challenge tournament- $20 shipped. pm if interested...

Used to use: Dx Aviar P&A. Loved them.

Now use: Super Gummy Champ Big Bead Aviar P&A (x11). Love them even more. :thmbup:

If you're looking for a beefier Aviar go with the Big Beads. :thmbup:

i can get you a used glow avair if you want

I have two glow Aviars and, personally, I prefer the LEDs on the bottom of the clear plastic. I try not to use any additional lighting at all and don't like to worry about charging the glow discs. Thanks, anyway! I do appreciate it.

Used to use: Dx Aviar P&A. Loved them.

Now use: Super Gummy Champ Big Bead Aviar P&A (x11). Love them even more. :thmbup:

If you're looking for a beefier Aviar go with the Big Beads. :thmbup:

Nail on the head, Juke! :clap:

Aviar = Good... regardless of the mold or plastic. I carry 5 in my regular bag!