• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Champion Eagle X

Yea, the star blend from infinite came out a bit too domey for my likings. And yea, Innova hasnt made a good eagle in a few years. Im glad that I have a stack of 11x and old 12x eagles but Im hopeful that infinite can give us some good eagle-l's and that barsby will eventually force innova to mold up some good eagles.

Gotta push back on that a bit. The lustery ones that I first saw around 2019 (abt the same time the 1.13 QJLSs came out) are solid. Started out almost Banshee stable but beating into true fliers. Most glide I've gotten out of one since the old 12x run. I'm not putting them out there much past 350' but it's good enough that I don't feel like I need to spend $80 on ebay to get the flight I need.

Infinite stocked a ton of Champion EX's a couple of weeks ago, and they all seemed to be from a very recent run. They're all gone now, but that must mean somebody knows how they fly. Any reports?

Gotta push back on that a bit. The lustery ones that I first saw around 2019 (abt the same time the 1.13 QJLSs came out) are solid. Started out almost Banshee stable but beating into true fliers. Most glide I've gotten out of one since the old 12x run. I'm not putting them out there much past 350' but it's good enough that I don't feel like I need to spend $80 on ebay to get the flight I need.

I dont think I have ever seen that run. A lustery eagle sounds amazing, banshee flight does not

Ok here's an update:

Still can't get the champ eagle to fly. Literally the flight is akin to a tilt. Let that sink in...

My star eagle came in today and it's a completely different story. It's 168g and champ is 170 so fairly close.

Star eagle is what I was looking for. Fantastic hyzer flip out of the box. Throw it flat and it's a thing of beauty. Perfect S flight. I honestly hope I can find a champ that flies like this one. I tend to beat star plastic in over a season and I don't want this star eagle to change. It's perfect.

Ok here's an update:

Still can't get the champ eagle to fly. Literally the flight is akin to a tilt. Let that sink in...

My star eagle came in today and it's a completely different story. It's 168g and champ is 170 so fairly close.

Star eagle is what I was looking for. Fantastic hyzer flip out of the box. Throw it flat and it's a thing of beauty. Perfect S flight. I honestly hope I can find a champ that flies like this one. I tend to beat star plastic in over a season and I don't want this star eagle to change. It's perfect.

Where did you find a star eagle? They seem to have gone extinct

Ok here's an update:

You got a freak Eagle then, a new eagle X shouldn't be a hyzer flip disc.

You got a freak Eagle then, a new eagle X shouldn't be a hyzer flip disc.

It's not as hyzer flip as I probably led it to believe. I have to crank on it hard to get it to flip even a little bit. I comfortably throw with maybe a degree of hyzer and my star eagle stands up nicely, maybe moves a hair to the right, then comes back left HARD. I'm excited to see how it ages.

Ok here's an update:

How stiff was the plastic on the Eagle?, if they are the Stiff stuff that might not be legal in some cases, then yeah it is garbage and will be OS. Most of the Champion that is stiff as of recent is not great in my opinion as now it is coming out as stiff as a plastic can legally be, bordering on just over the stiffness line in some cases. This has been happening since at least 2014 about the time all discs including the older DX molds got flight numbers just now all stiff plastic is right at the limit if not just barely over.

I also ordered a Greg Barsby star eagle (174g) and another 12x champ (168g). My old champ that's un-throwable is 170g so the two champs are fairly close. New champ is completely different. It's more stable than the star, but not a dud like my other one is. This new champ doesn't have any turn, but it will ride straight whereas the older one I have refuses to fly at all.

There are factory second star eagles available now on the innova store. Only 173-175g. I got one awhile back. It was swirly star plastic. Very stiff. Very OS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How stiff was the plastic on the Eagle?, if they are the Stiff stuff that might not be legal in some cases, then yeah it is garbage and will be OS. Most of the Champion that is stiff as of recent is not great in my opinion as now it is coming out as stiff as a plastic can legally be, bordering on just over the stiffness line in some cases. This has been happening since at least 2014 about the time all discs including the older DX molds got flight numbers just now all stiff plastic is right at the limit if not just barely over.

I felt like both the champ and star were pretty stiff. I feel like innova's drivers tend to be stiffer than their mids.

Latest posts