• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Changing things up for 2015

I brave the elements 2 or 3 times a week regularly and my tag already looks like $#*+ . Do you plan on changing the tag? What happens when these forever tag falls apart, order a replacement copy?

Never really thought about the wear and tear, I do order blanks where you can write the number in. I think ordering 2 of each might be overkill (and costly). Maybe put it in like one of those clear pouch things used for concert passes, etc. All of mine still look pretty good and I play quite a bit as well but it hangs more towards the top of the bag.

I have the last 2 on my bag and they still look ok. Any guess on when you'll have them in the store? I need to renew my subscription before the end of the year and figured I'll just do them both at the same time.

I haven't even placed the order yet so probably January some time. I haven't had time to update the travel tag page to the new, non-annual system yet.

Ok, so I might have over-exaggerated a tad. I was just thinking about wear over time. Here's a picture of the what my edges look like after a year of riding high on the bag. It's like that on every corner. Badge protectors are a good idea

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 40
So I'm thinking of either making travel tags a one time thing, no new ones every year. Just buy one and you're in the game OR renaming them to "Battle Tags" which is something that came up back when the Travel Tag idea started. With the Battle Tags it would work the same as it does now except you'd play for the higher tag #.

Any thoughts? Either way, I'm doing away with the annual thing so that there are more people to either swap with or play.

I was part of the league in Bakersfield and that's what we did: played for the lowest number, though, not highest. You wanted to have the #1 tag.

I think not doing it yearly is a great idea. I'd probably spring for one if it didn't have a limited shelf life. Up to now I just didn't think it was worth grabbing one when I only play with a handful of DGCR members a year at best.
What he said.

Why not order 300 with a green color scheme, when those sell out, start over with a red colors scheme, then blue, yellow, etc. This way you want to try for #1 and/or your favorite color.

maybe 200 or 500 is the right number. only sell the color you have on hand until they are sold out, so you could possibly sell the same color for multiple years in a row.

That's probably a little too complicated. I'll probably order a bunch and maybe change the background colors on re-orders for fun but keep the numbering scheme going up from where the previous tags left off.

Delamination of the existing tag style should be a reasonably big concern if you're talking about making these forever-tags. (I like the forever tag idea BTW.)

I suggest you take a look at the metal tag offerings from Paragon Disc Golf. They do good work over there.

I agree with Eric, Paragon does great work and the metal tags would hold up over the long run............

Delamination of the existing tag style should be a reasonably big concern if you're talking about making these forever-tags. (I like the forever tag idea BTW.)

If you want permanent tags at a great price try the cattle tags with key rings. They cost less than a $1.50 each with all the set up fees and will last a lifetime. You can also continue to reorder tags with higher numbers as needed. They will sell them in groups of 25 tags. You can order 1 - 100 now and 101 through 125 (or higher) on the next order.

So Cal DGA orders the Large Herdsman with key rings. We put the club logo on one side and the tag number (and year) on the other side. They come in 11 different colors.

LgHerdsman.png

Please call and ask for Deana and tell her So Cal and Suzette sent you.

Here is a link to the website:

http://www.templetag.com/herdsman.asp

I will buy a permanent tag. I never got around to getting the annual tag, because I only play a few rounds with DGCR folks each year. It is another way to support the site and all the work you do here.

Like the new travel tags idea. Question are we still going to use
the back of tags to log are swaps?

Best thing about Discette's cattle tag suggestion is that the printing's guaranteed for the life of the animal! Pretty sure we qualify as animals... but will I have to get my ear pierced to hold my tag?

Thank you for a very cost effective solution good sir! 1 vote for Pargaon.

Attachments

• MdHerdsman.png
    MdHerdsman.png
    13.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I actually like the idea of Pargaon's leather tags (same price as metal)... combines the best of both worlds.

I'll probably stick to the existing tags rather than just a logo on a piece of leather or plastic. I kind of like the look of the existing ones, the ability to write on them, etc.

I'll probably stick to the existing tags rather than just a logo on a piece of leather or plastic. I kind of like the look of the existing ones, the ability to write on them, etc.

:hfive: :thmbup:

Next year, hopefully in January :) I haven't had a chance to update the code, etc. for the map. They'll be forever tags though, not just 2015.

Latest posts