• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

charging for returned discs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you see things my way*.

*The right way**

*Don't get blown up***

***really, that isn't sarcasm. Don't get blown up.

nice spacing and punctuation :doh: Poor Solomon.trenton, this thread has run away and we are not anywhere near your question anymore.

I really don't want anyone with your punctuation and typing style quoting me. Could you not quote me again until you stop hitting enter whenever you feel like it?

TIA.

p.s. I don't necessarily agree or disagree with your general philosophy on disc returning. Your posts just make my head hurt.

well im sure your posts make everyone elses head hurt too.

they gave up on the disc because it was not worth their time
to look for it any longer.

See, I don't understand this, "they gave up" justification. Nowhere else in the history of humanity is this applied. I've never found something with someone's info on it and thought, "Gee, I wonder if they want this back." Of course they want it back, they put their info on it, you frozen stick of poo. If you find a missing child after she's been missing for 3 years would you not bother telling anyone b/c the police and parents stopped appearing on Nancy Grace?

Or let me put it to you this way, do you know what happens when a shipwreck is discovered? Every nation that has ever used the area the wreck is found becomes extremely interested in the nationality of the ship, regardless of what's on it. You can't say, "I found the shipwreck and its historical items so I can keep it b/c Spain gave up looking for it," b/c Spain will sue your ass.

Now, I don't really care b/c at the end of the day it's just a piece of plastic but by the same token you shouldn't get your jollies by ganking every disc you see. What do you do with 50+ found discs? Melt them down into a plastic love doll because you can't meet real girls because they think you're a stingy little miser? At the end of the day, just don't be a douchetard. For the sake of humanity, any little thing you can do to make living on this rock a little better for everyone, from not littering to making a compliment to returning a disc, makes you a living saint.

If you don't return discs you are a complete and utter douchetard. It's that simple. You're a selfish little man surrounded by tainted, worthless plastic that won't fit in your coffin. If that's your modus operandi then I hope you enjoy being a douchetard b/c that's all you are.

Sorry for the rant, Three Putt

yeah people act like a disc is their baby.

I am quite fond of most of my discs. I know excatly what they will do for me. that is why I carry around "trash discs" for places that I think I might loose one.

See, I don't understand this, "they gave up" justification. Nowhere else in the history of humanity is this applied. I've never found something with someone's info on it and thought, "Gee, I wonder if they want this back." Of course they want it back, they put their info on it, you frozen stick of poo. If you find a missing child after she's been missing for 3 years would you not bother telling anyone b/c the police and parents stopped appearing on Nancy Grace?

Or let me put it to you this way, do you know what happens when a shipwreck is discovered? Every nation that has ever used the area the wreck is found becomes extremely interested in the nationality of the ship, regardless of what's on it. You can't say, "I found the shipwreck and its historical items so I can keep it b/c Spain gave up looking for it," b/c Spain will sue your ass.

Now, I don't really care b/c at the end of the day it's just a piece of plastic but by the same token you shouldn't get your jollies by ganking every disc you see. What do you do with 50+ found discs? Melt them down into a plastic love doll because you can't meet real girls because they think you're a stingy little miser? At the end of the day, just don't be a douchetard. For the sake of humanity, any little thing you can do to make living on this rock a little better for everyone, from not littering to making a compliment to returning a disc, makes you a living saint.

If you don't return discs you are a complete and utter douchetard. It's that simple. You're a selfish little man surrounded by tainted, worthless plastic that won't fit in your coffin. If that's your modus operandi then I hope you enjoy being a douchetard b/c that's all you are.

When you compare it to losing a child it makes no sense.
they know the general location of the disc
its not like it got up and walked out of the
park.
yes they do want the disc back but if they
really wanted it back that bad(bad enough to say its like
losing a child) they can just find themselves.

so your post was just worthless because it
does not compare in anyway.

if people know the general location of where
the disc is they can find it they just have to
put forth a little effort.

it is that simple.

When you compare it to losing a child it makes no sense.
they know the general location of the disc
its not like it got up and walked out of the
park.
yes they do want the disc back but if they
really wanted it back that bad(bad enough to say its like
losing a child) they can just find themselves.

so your post was just worthless because it
does not compare in anyway.

it is that simple.

There are 49 people who think they know wher their discs are, but they are in your closet. I liked the rant and thought the analogies were well put, especially the ships. Way to go Brother Dave!

Well done! I cant agree more.

it is that simple.

Yep, it's that simple. Let me call the parks and rec and see if they'll let me dredge the ponds and hire an excavation crew to find my missing discs. Good thing I'm going to school to be an anthropologist. Let's see, I think I'll start with some random shovel pit tests, maybe try a scatter plot survey. If that doesn't work I'll just get a back hoe in to skim off topsoil layers, I'm sure the P & R will have no probs with that.

Better yet, I'll just hire like 30 Guatemalans to help me look for my disc. "Hey chithead, don't throw your discs near my illegal workers, I'm looking for a $15 disc." "Shut up, I don't care if it's tourney day, I'm putting forth a little effort to find my disc."

You can come up with all the little scenarios you want for justifying what you do but it's not going to make you sound like any less of a phagg. I'm just trying to help you out man, I know it gets lonely in your mom's basement, surrounded by all those sweet Kites and Polecats you've "collected" over the years.

(quoted from DGR a while back)

I don't loose discs, because I am naturally athletic , bitches!

I have to wonder if those that feel the disc wasn't looked for hard enough throw rollers or play in tourneys. Just thinking about the three minute rule and how long rollers can be hard to find.

Btw, one of the pros of retuning discs happened today. Called on a z surge ss and ended up playing dubs with a few better players I probally wouldn't of had the chance to play with otherwise.

Adding bitchez to the end of any sentance makes it funny:)
technology bitches - frank d quoting one of the sidewinders

Haha dumbest rant ever. Yet another person who is smart enough to figure out how to use a keyboard, but too dumb to put it to use. I'll promise to stop returning disc's if you promise to keep stuff like that coming. :)

If I found 50+ disc's I'd start regifting them.

I will agree with you on one thing, I don't understand the "they gave up" concept either. I simply don't care why they left that disc on the ground, in the creek, wherever... They threw it and for some reason or another they didn't pick it up. Works for me.

I very rarely lose discs, I even stripped down in public to jump in a lake that had a do not enter water sign at the edge to get a disc. I have also entered freezing water. Ask anyone who ever plays with me, I am a "Leave no disc behind" type of guy, but if for some reason I can not find it due to a massive bounce or roll or whatever, that doesn't mean I want to give it away. If I find one I will try to return it and I would HOPE the person who finds mine would also (I don't expect it).

Adding bitchez to the end of any sentance makes it funny:)
technology bitches - frank d quoting one of the sidewinders

There used to be a guy a DGR, I don't remember the name , but he would brag about everything, and he finally one day said something to the effect that he didn't have to exercise because "He was naturally athletic, bitches!". That was one of the funniest quotes ever from that guy.

Haha dumbest rant ever. Yet another person who is smart enough to figure out how to use a keyboard, but too dumb to put it to use. I'll promise to stop returning disc's if you promise to keep stuff like that coming. :)

If I found 50+ disc's I'd start regifting them.

I will agree with you on one thing, I don't understand the "they gave up" concept either. I simply don't care why they left that disc on the ground, in the creek, wherever... They threw it and for some reason or another they didn't pick it up. Works for me.

you are talking about 2 seperate people.

First, BrotherDave is awesome and highly respected here, secondly it's Katana with the 50 found discs.

Notice how the people who don't return discs never play with anyone on here and won't add the courses they play

Hey, you know what. I pee on your boobs. And your mother doesn't think I'm too dumb to use a keyboard, which is why she keeps it in the top drawer of her dresser now instead of Mr. Flashlight.

you are talking about 2 seperate people.

First, BrotherDave is awesome and highly respected here, secondly it's Katana with the 50 found discs.

Notice how the people who don't return discs never play with anyone on here and won't add the courses they play

Yeah that post was directed at BrotherDave, sorry for the confusion. I'm sure he could whip me in a game, and has been posting here for a while, but that rant was classic. Why don't we compare a $10 disc to the Loch Ness monster while we are at it? Or why not Allah?

That's also not strong logic because you don't know what they do or don't do unless they tell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts