• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Christmas Tree Park, Manchester, MD

Did I see that right? $27,500! I will be stopping at this one on my way to Codorus State Park. Keep us posted on all updates.

Funding contingent on 'other projects'

I spoke directly with a town official the other day, who informed me that the disc golf course project will not be funded until other "POS" (Project Open Space) projects are completed. (some baseball field improvements, etc.) This could mean that the $27,500 is actually for a list of projects, or it could simply mean that the disc golf course is down the list from these other prioritized projects. I asked about the status of the primary projects and did not really get a straight answer as to when they would be done.

Anyway, I told that fellow that I was a disc-golfer in the area, that I was looking forward to the project getting started and that I was willing to help (volunteer, they love that word!). He was very appreciative!

I would suggest that others in the are put a call in to the town office, ask speak with the 'parks n recs' personnel and echo the same desires! This may get them moving toward completion on the former projects and started on the DG Course!!!

Apparently, the other projects that were on the list ahead of this have been or are nearing completion. There is a meeting next week to begin the actual planning process.

I am the POC for this new course, and course design has begun. We will not have $27,500, as the town and country are required to contribute 5% of that total each and will be doing so with manpower, not cash. However, we will still have more than enough to build a quality course. Course design has commenced and I will be creating a google doc so that everyone can see the potential layout.

sounds great, glad to hear that something is finally happening. keep up the good work, will.