• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Clear Lake State Park in Atlanta, MI

Todd Wiley

Double Eagle Member
Clear Lake State Park in Atlanta, MI is really close to putting in teepads and baskets for the 9 Hole Disc Golf Course currently in development. Initial fairway clearing has been done and stakes are currently in place of the teepad areas. DNR Rep. Joe Hall has been reaching out to disc golfers who would like to throw the holes and give some feedback as to the proposed layout before getting finalized with baskets and teepads. If you are interested in helping out by throwing some discs, please contact Joe at 989-785-2359.

I went out and walked the area and threw some discs on a few of the holes. Teebox areas were currently marked with a yellow painted stick and basket locations were marked with a blue painted stick. The course seemed to play partly along a worn pathway.

The few holes that I tossed were technical shots for the most part. Shorter 250-320 ft holes which required a skillful turn and narrow gap in order to score well. A lot of fairways offered less than 20 feet of space before you were into some dense woods. There was a hole that played down the power line poles next to the road that allowed for some room to just air it out. The tree line on the left side by the road will probably stop an errant throw before it makes the road.

I still have plenty of questions about the layout of the beginning and end of this course, but I think this has potential to be a tough 9 hole course.

The Memory, at Clear Lake State Park just north of Atlanta is now open and playable. 9 holes and universally accessible, it is able to be enjoyed by people of all abilities. Still has some finish work to do on it, but it is open and playable.