• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Closest snow golf to sacramento area?

adamtheviking5

Throws only Pink Discs
Hey my buddy just hit me up and wants to try snow golf tomorrow. Were in elk grove which is just south of sacramento. Anyone know where the closest place we could find a course and some snow occupying the same space?

The US has several time zones, adam. You live in the western most zone, the time stamp of the posts is obviously three hours later representing EST, the most eastern zone.

Happy New Year........................................................well, soon for you.

Man, all the Midwesterners and Northeasterners are laughing at the poor Cali sun boy who can't find the snow in winter

But, seriously though its as simple as picking any course that's open where there is snow

Luckily California is the most climatologically diverse state in the country, and from Sacramento you're only 20-30 minutes from the snow line, the easiest way is to just head up the hills on 50 or 80 till you get to courses that are in the snow. It is supposed to snow tonight and tomorrow down to the snow line so its possible that Lions Park in Placerville, which is about a half hour from you, might actually get snow, its just a question of how much is going to be on the ground. If you keep heading up the more snow you're going to get, if you go all the way to Tahoe and Truckee you're going to find several feet of snow on the ground.

Bijou at South Lake would probably be one of your best bets, its just off highway 50 and its going to have plenty of snow and its fairly flat, so the trudging isn't too bad

Truckee River is also a fairly good snow throwing spot just off I-80.

just make sure if you go that far and deep into the snow you've got a vehicle that can get you out again. 4 wheel drive and chains if it gets bad enough.

Latest posts