• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

Z is my favorite. I like that they are smooth, firm and slightly tacky. Big Z has too much grip for me, so stuff like X or D is horrid.
To each their own

I got esp and Z mostly and a weird esp one that's firm like a grippy Z.....I love it so much I don't throw it haha I haven't needed it yet.. I've got a first run esp and glow z..I'm still waiting for the z to break in more it's been a couple years.

How's the ti compared to esp in the wet?

I got esp and Z mostly and a weird esp one that's firm like a grippy Z.....I love it so much I don't throw it haha I haven't needed it yet.. I've got a first run esp and glow z..I'm still waiting for the z to break in more it's been a couple years.

How's the ti compared to esp in the wet?

I haven't had the chance to try out the new regular swirly esp; but the new Ti vs older ESP is oddly similar (minus the appearance!). The only thing that's really different is the Ti has slightly more dome, and is a bit more stable. I would say the Ti feels more gummy in hand aswell. I feel like the more you throw those plastics, they break in real nice and become more grippy naturally.

I tend to favour the older ESP however, with it being flatter and more flippy. Then I pair it with an MJ ESP Glo for my stable comet.

Picked up another flatter ESP Comet...not 2018 but also not the limited runs from way back. These things feel pretty stable.

Picked up another flatter ESP Comet...not 2018 but also not the limited runs from way back. These things feel pretty stable.

That's the thing with comets is we are all throwing them with different form. And our ideas of flippy might be different. My old ESP I can standstill throw it flat around 250' and it will go dead straight with maybe some late turn.

If I drive with it and power it up, it will hyzerflip and sail in the 250-300' range but lose some accuracy.

I can throw the MJ comets nearly full power and sometimes they will even finish on a slight hyzer back.

Just picked up a low 170s X-line yesterday (my first Comet other than a Z I got with tournament money a couple of years back) and am taking it to a heavily wooded course this weekend. If it doesn't fly like when MJ throws Comets, it is going in the trash.

Or maybe I will just work on my form a bit with it.

Aw man... I was down in Marietta last month. If I had known, I woulda met up with you at a course and we could Comet the course together :)

Just picked up a low 170s X-line yesterday (my first Comet other than a Z I got with tournament money a couple of years back) and am taking it to a heavily wooded course this weekend. If it doesn't fly like when MJ throws Comets, it is going in the trash.

When MJ throws a Comet it is a thing of beauty!

The Comet has definitely helped me with my form.

If you want it to fly like when MJ throws his Comet, then you can't watch it fly.

But then how will you know if it flew like his?

philosoraptor.jpg

Took out two ESP Comets (pre 2018, post LE runs) that are both flat. A yellow and pink one, both the same weight. The pink is pretty OS for a Comet, and the yellow has some turn. Not a bad pair to start using at all lol. I just ordered a 2018 ESP Comet to see what they are like.

Took out two ESP Comets (pre 2018, post LE runs) that are both flat. A yellow and pink one, both the same weight. The pink is pretty OS for a Comet, and the yellow has some turn. Not a bad pair to start using at all lol. I just ordered a 2018 ESP Comet to see what they are like.

Any difference in PLH?

Casual glance they were pretty similar profiles...will give a closer look tonight. It would have to be...

Comparing my post- LE, pre- 2018 flatty ESP to a current run Z, the ESP does have noticeably higher overstability and PLH.

Last day of cyber week deals - cheapest X comets available out the door?

I pick up a mj esp "glow" recently. Great disc.
Definitely more stability than the glow z I lost a while back. It's flight reminds me a lot of my proxy, but longer. Pretty decent hss, definitely bites back at the end of its flight, where the z had a neutral finish. Holds a hyser pretty well. And great distance potential.
I suspect I'll have to get a less stable compliment, but we'll see how this one breaks in.
Any experience with how these comets wear?

Latest posts