• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

What run/plastic of comets will feel/fly most like my domey x comets but have more durability?

I use an older domey le esp, but they are getting harder to come by. I haven't tried any of the newer runs but I hear the new swirly esps are in the same wheelhouse.

I've had one swirly ESP comet and it was significantly more stable than my x comets. It was also a bit flat. Out of the hand it just didn't have the float and felt faster. Wish I could stumble on some LE for a good price.

I've had one swirly ESP comet and it was significantly more stable than my x comets. It was also a bit flat. Out of the hand it just didn't have the float and felt faster. Wish I could stumble on some LE for a good price.

Agreed, the MJ swirl glo ESP don't seem very Xish to me.

Hey so I'm lusting after the sweet and simple ESP Comets at infinite... I don't know if I can pull the trigger on ordering yet maybe if I can deliver them to a friend's house haha.

How are those ESP simple stamp coming out? High dome? Kinda stable like the other swirly esps?

Hey so I'm lusting after the sweet and simple ESP Comets at infinite... I don't know if I can pull the trigger on ordering yet maybe if I can deliver them to a friend's house haha.

How are those ESP simple stamp coming out? High dome? Kinda stable like the other swirly esps?

Their flight is very similar to the Swirly MJ Comets. So if you don't want to drop the extra cheddar on an MJ, you can snag one of those "COMET" stamped one's from Infinite.

I bought five, all have a good shoulder and one is truly domey. The others are somewhere inbetween as far as Comets go. Two are as (over) stable as my MJ Glo Swirl without being less glidey like the Sparkle Z that just came out. The other three have plenty stability to handle a bit of torque/bad form. Very pretty and great throwers! Only really got to do two hours of field work with them but I know the other Comets I own better and the similarities were easily noticeable.

Definitely prefer them over stock Z even though I'm usually a Champ/Z kinda guy. Very grippy as well.

Marshal street has been killing me lately, first it was the PFN roc,twelve time teebird and sandstrom valk. Now its an ESP LE comet and some filler to get free shipping. :doh:

I don't know why but I want one of those jawbreaker comets from ledgestone

I don't know why either haha.. Might be nice plastic but there's a list of at least 2 others I want first.. Sweet and simple ESP is top of my list, with a rainbow stamp on blue... Anyone wanna trade haha?

I don't know why either haha.. Might be nice plastic but there's a list of at least 2 others I want first.. Sweet and simple ESP is top of my list, with a rainbow stamp on blue... Anyone wanna trade haha?

I have 2 X comets and recently acquired a LE comet which is like the holy grail of comets. I don't need more comets. :wall:

I have 2 X comets and recently acquired a LE comet which is like the holy grail of comets. I don't need more comets. :wall:

The holy grail of Comets is more likely to be one of the Ron Russell Zs than one of the three runs of LEs*. It's still a nice snag though.

*You could also put the X-stamped Zs ahead of the LEs if we're splitting hairs.

Also weren't there a few runs of LE's? Were some more sought after than others?

The first run LE are pretty sweet everything it should be, second run are more stable but also dome. IME.. I only have 1 first run LE bunch of seconds.. I was on the Comet train by then.

If I'm correct there was a third run.. I dumped some of them they were the most stable more so than the new run ESP

There were three runs. The third was beefy for a Comet, but they seasoned into perfect Comets. They are my favorite throwers. Glad I took the gamble and stocked up.

The LE comets I have (2nd run, high shoulder flatter top) are the ones I like, and aren't that different from the 2018 MJ esp glow comets.

Don't have any 2019s but always looking for 2018s since that's the 1 type I carry.

How does a X Comet fly? I've been struggling with premium plastic mids and I'm experimenting with flat X Buzzz's now and I really, really like them and I'm wondering if X Comet would be great also.