• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

I got my Ledgestone order today. I ordered 2 of the rubber blend Comets. They ****ed up my order and sent me one rubber blend and one of the OG Glo Jawbreaker ones. They feel almost exactly the same with the rubber blend one being *slightly* more stiff (like if you blindfolded me I might be able to correctly identify the rubber one 6 times out of ten). I never had any rubber blend disc previously so I wasn't sure what to expect but I'm disappointed that it doesn't feel any stiffer than the putter plastic. Really regret leaving my X Comet on the course due to being lazy and not wanting to walk back up the hill to get it. I had no idea you can't order X Comets at the moment.

I got my Ledgestone order today. I ordered 2 of the rubber blend Comets. They ****ed up my order and sent me one rubber blend and one of the OG Glo Jawbreaker ones. They feel almost exactly the same with the rubber blend one being *slightly* more stiff (like if you blindfolded me I might be able to correctly identify the rubber one 6 times out of ten). I never had any rubber blend disc previously so I wasn't sure what to expect but I'm disappointed that it doesn't feel any stiffer than the putter plastic. Really regret leaving my X Comet on the course due to being lazy and not wanting to walk back up the hill to get it. I had no idea you can't order X Comets at the moment.

How's the dome?

tenor.gif

Really regret leaving my X Comet on the course due to being lazy and not wanting to walk back up the hill to get it. I had no idea you can't order X Comets at the moment.

RB Comets delivered!

Initial impression after about a dozen throws in the yard to around 250'. Plastic is as expected, medium firm and great grip. Agree with the medium dome assessment.

Flight is beautiful glidey Comet magic. A bit US off the shelf, like a perfectly seasoned Z after 3-4 years. Kicked a tree and got a nick, which is to be expected. Yeah, my $21 disc is gonna wear in pretty quickly.

Prolly need a couple more.

RB Comets delivered!

Initial impression after about a dozen throws in the yard to around 250'. Plastic is as expected, medium firm and great grip. Agree with the medium dome assessment.

Flight is beautiful glidey Comet magic. A bit US off the shelf, like a perfectly seasoned Z after 3-4 years. Kicked a tree and got a nick, which is to be expected. Yeah, my $21 disc is gonna wear in pretty quickly.

Prolly need a couple more.

So how's it going with them now? Gonna need a weekly update for at least a month before mine show up!

So how's it going with them now? Gonna need a weekly update for at least a month before mine show up!

Have only been able to toss one in the yard a bit more, haven't been to a course. Original assessment of the magic Comet flight still stands. They might be more fragile than I originally thought though. They don't like kicking trees 😕

Yikes!!!! Oh well I could use a beat to crap Comet..I looked at your $21 disc and went what the F! I paid $42.. Then I remembered that was for 2.

I was tossing my MJ 2021 beside a fresh Hex today in some wind, the Comet won! That thing is nice, mine was used but boy it's like a Z with a year or two of wear. I don't know if other people have had the same luck. Like glow Z but with a touch more dome.

...But... after missing first shot with a Comet low (but straight and right under the hanger) I banged two back to back cubbys with a Hex and Electron Soft Envy. I was really trying for a comet ace tonight though :(

Mine arrived today too. Rubber blend is pretty flat, I'm not impressed by the feel but who knows. The MJ OG Jawbreaker has a higher shoulder and the more typical "medium" dome that I would look for. I expect it will be a better flyer.

Got to throw my OG Jawbreaker quite a bit yesterday. Pretty understable out of the box. Normally a fresh Comet (Z or X) has enough stability to play some one-disc rounds until I beat the freshness off it. This one was solidly understable from the first throw, and I didn't even de-flash it. I'm guessing this thing gets flippy very quickly. Still has nice glide.

Oh geez... I got mine in.. 2 OGJB + 2 RB's... Came with my 19 mj esp/glo.. Huge shout out to Streets!!! I gotta mail him $10 bill.. My shipping was way off when I got the estimate from USPS..

:) and many thumbs for a solid DGCR member Mr Streets!! Hoorah

Oh geez... I got mine in.. 2 OGJB + 2 RB's... Came with my 19 mj esp/glo.. Huge shout out to Streets!!! I gotta mail him $10 bill.. My shipping was way off when I got the estimate from USPS..

Yeah Streets is awesome! I may have gotten a few gems from him recently. Missed one, but got a whole set of MJs except for one of the 100 '17 Ti run.

Yeah Streets is awesome! I may have gotten a few gems from him recently. Missed one, but got a whole set of MJs except for one of the 100 '17 Ti run.

Glad to hear those Comets found good homes (and that Throw's made it to Canada!). Hope you enjoy them! :hfive:

Got to throw my OG Jawbreaker quite a bit yesterday. Pretty understable out of the box. Normally a fresh Comet (Z or X) has enough stability to play some one-disc rounds until I beat the freshness off it. This one was solidly understable from the first throw, and I didn't even de-flash it. I'm guessing this thing gets flippy very quickly. Still has nice glide.

This was my finding as well. I dig the plastic and it's definitely more under stable than my Z and X, so I guess I'm carrying three Comets now.

...Yesterday was a good day. Went by my favorite shop in Tulsa and they got their DC shipment the day before. The jackals had mostly cleared out the popular stuff already but I was able to dig through a stack of 8 fresh Z Comets and picked this domey 177g beauty. Got my flippy Comet needs covered with some recent purchases, so I was able to justify getting another stable backup. Kinda feel like ThrowafreakingEnvy with my Comet picks in the last 45 days....

Edit - and it was only $16.99 plus tax ��

Attachments

• PXL_20210826_120356128.jpg
    PXL_20210826_120356128.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 45
...Yesterday was a good day. Went by my favorite shop in Tulsa and they got their DC shipment the day before. The jackals had mostly cleared out the popular stuff already but I was able to dig through a stack of 8 fresh Z Comets and picked this domey 177g beauty. Got my flippy Comet needs covered with some recent purchases, so I was able to justify getting another stable backup. Kinda feel like ThrowafreakingEnvy with my Comet picks in the last 45 days....

Edit - and it was only $16.99 plus tax ��

Aha haha... I am just as crazy as I sound but I'm not completely nuts.

I've been using the metallic Z MJ a lot!!! lately. Damn man, that's as close to my coveted glow Z as any comet I've handled. Flat top, moderate dome, just slaying it! Glad I got a couple, but I only need to throw one at a time. After 10yrs my glow Z is a little flippy but in the perfect way, little turn, tiny fade. The MJ is so similar flies like it's only got 5yrs of wear.

I've been using the metallic Z MJ a lot!!! lately. Damn man, that's as close to my coveted glow Z as any comet I've handled. Flat top, moderate dome, just slaying it! Glad I got a couple, but I only need to throw one at a time. After 10yrs my glow Z is a little flippy but in the perfect way, little turn, tiny fade. The MJ is so similar flies like it's only got 5yrs of wear.
I swear if there was a filter that allowed me to ignore any of your post that has the word "flat" in it...

picture.php

I swear if there was a filter that allowed me to ignore any of your post that has the word "flat" in it...

picture.php

I feel ya, 3P. My Z Glo is domey AF. Next to my brand new Z.

Attachments

• PXL_20210827_155011733.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210827_155011733.MP.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 42
  • PXL_20210827_154933140.jpg
    PXL_20210827_154933140.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 42