• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

Juju,
Fr glows iirc all had the alien stamp.from papa's event- i heard they werent all that.
Sr glows had the red small stamps and imo are slightly more stable then a stock z but not as stable as a rr. They had dome and tooling.

I had someone here over me one of the green 02 dglos but sadly i cant remember who.

Iirc a ce qms is more roc like.

Im past collecting; is there any reason to get a new glow if i already have a decent stack of sr's???

Only got one throw with my new Comet. Threw it flat the disc slipped so it held an anny forever and landed 325-350' away! Can't wait to get some more throws and make it go straight once it stops raining.

Iirc a ce qms is more roc like.
I don't throw a CE QMS, but in general a QMS is going to be a bit faster with not as much glide as a Comet. The QMS is easier to get a clean release from. Stability-wise a QMS and Z Comet are pretty close from what I recall. Both are outstanding mids.

I've been kinda surprised that the Comet has developed such a cult following recently and the QMS is so overlooked. If you like the Comet, I'm pretty sure you will also like the QMS.

I don't throw a CE QMS, but in general a QMS is going to be a bit faster with not as much glide as a Comet. The QMS is easier to get a clean release from. Stability-wise a QMS and Z Comet are pretty close from what I recall. Both are outstanding mids.

I've been kinda surprised that the Comet has developed such a cult following recently and the QMS is so overlooked. If you like the Comet, I'm pretty sure you will also like the QMS.

cool, qms is a great disc, definitely under-rated. just found a couple elite x comets so ill have to give them a try.

All the hoopla that people say about the comet being a great form disc is absolutely true. I've had my comet for about a month and hadn't thrown it much. I developed some wrist roll while putting the power down on my drives. I took my comet out for field work and I felt like I learned more in that hour than I have in the last month.

First ace today in a tourney with my comet. I also won ameture for the first time. Thank you comet! Now I find that I don't throw my buzzz cause I can do it with my comet more predictably.

Im past collecting; is there any reason to get a new glow if i already have a decent stack of sr's???

Not sure as I haven't thrown other runs of glows. The new run is pretty much your basic ESP comet flight, just in a plastic that will last a little longer. I have a feeling that the second runs were a bit more stable, kinda like the old yellow/red z run.

About to hit up Blue Ribbon Pines today and the comets will be getting used pretty heavily. Lineup will be FR ESP, red old run z, and new glow. :thmbup:

Ahhh my Glo Z's finally showed up! About to go play Kaposia and The Valley with a friend, can't wait to try em out.

So my X Comet is bent/warped, but bent up vs. down. Like everything left a line between 10:30 and 7:30 is bent up. Disc is slightly understable, but I thought discs bent down (tacoed) as they wore, not up. Time to replace?

So my X Comet is bent/warped, but bent up vs. down. Like everything left a line between 10:30 and 7:30 is bent up. Disc is slightly understable, but I thought discs bent down (tacoed) as they wore, not up. Time to replace?

Have you tried to muscle it back into shape? If a disc will withstand a tree hit, it'll take you manhandling it.

X comet

I have not gotten a new comet in a long time and jus lost 2 I 2 weekends. I a wondering if anyone have gotten an new x comets recently? Anything wrong with them? I do not think they changed the mold? I need some now and want t make a purchase.

They seem similar to the old X discs. Lots a glide, and less stable than ESP or Z. Throw lightly and it will go straight, throw hard and it will keep a LONG anny line.

lots of glide is right. love them on big downhills or shorter steep uphills. they literary hold any line you put them on. if you put too much torque on them they will punish you for it. the comet/meteor combo kicked the buzzz out of the bag

thanks for the info. I use them as a turn over disc and just wanted to make sure before i buy a couple more that the discs have been consistent

X Comets are great. I have one that's beat to a nice turnover/buzzer flip disc and I bought a back up a few weeks ago. It's nice and stable for a Comet (like a Z or newer ESP) but they beat on quickly and stay in the sweet spot for a long time. I like my X Comets lighter (167-69) and my premo plastic Comets heavier. I also think the new X stamps are pretty sharp.

The newer plastic might not be what you're used to... I have bought four new X comets recently; some are stiff and slippery, while others are a little softer and more supple. If you are ordering online, you might get something a little different.

Latest posts