• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Complete dishonesty

JohnnyB

Birdie Member
Playin a round today I must have had eagle eyes. Found two discs. What irritated me about that was on one of the discs it was obvious someone took the time to remove a name a number. If anything and you want to be dishonest just don't call. You lost it, I found it and would have called. At least give the guy a chance the second time around.

Possibly he bought it used. I have several disc that I bought used and I blacked out the old info and put my info on. I even feel guilty sometimes doing it because people may think i did just what you are suggesting. But then I know i didn't so all good :D

I trade for discs with ink on them all the time, what am I supposed to do? Leave the ink on? Give the dude the benefit of the doubt.

^^^^ that's what I was going to say and other times I have found discs with info and tried several times to get in touch but never could. I didn't cover the info but I did play with it for a couple of rounds.

cmlasley said:
I trade for discs with ink on them all the time, what am I supposed to do? Leave the ink on? Give the dude the benefit of the doubt.

I agree with this sentiment.

JohnnyB:

Why is it we assume the worst in people? I've bought used discs that have had 3 and 4 names crossed out. Not all discs are 1 owner discs stop being so judgemental without conclusive evidence.

I like it when there's a few names on a disc, would be funny to do that so you could keep one.

On my DGR "finds"... I always write my markings and "DGR KARMA" on experienced discs added to my bag.

I guess you guys are right. I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

No worries, live and learn. I've got a stable-as-hell X Pred I traded SkaBob for and I did with that what I do to all my trades, I just ink 'traded to J' and add a date (month/year).
Bob, that thing is still THE MOST STABLE Pred I've ever thrown, very useful at times.

another comment, does it make any one else mad when people write their names on the back of champ/z plastic?

When I still bothered writing my name I wrote it on the inner rim on the clear plastic discs.

Why is it we assume the worst in people?

Get your diving gear for some deep issues.

It's hell for everyone if no benefit of the doubt is given. It's also hell for those who've been burned too often. When a child grows up being constantly disappointed and betrayed a potentially great person may turn to crime not only for necessity of sustaining his life but as a bitter revenge on the universe :-(

The danger lurks even for adults. I've heard the word shark and business together and business has been described as a continuous string of disappointments.

It could be a disc they traded for.

Of course, when I trade for a disc I just write "is gay" after the name.

Sorry to Josh Long, Nick P, JWT, and anyone else who traded me a disc with ink.

Parks said:

Actually laughed out loud......

Triplebogey said:
disctribution said:
Parks said:

Actually laughed out loud......

Me too... that was a good one!!!

Parks,

Damn, how did you know? How could you tell?

I have lost so much plastic with my contact info and have NEVER EVER gotten a single call.

so YES i would assume the worst in people :evil:

I get alot of my discs back. Whatever it is ppl are ppl. Some honest some not. its up to them what kind of person they want to be. Our club is pretty honest as a whole. If its a member I hold it til I see them. If its someone with a pone number, Ill call them once. If they call back I will meet them at the park when I play. If they dont call then I keep for a water hole. I also will play a game for a disc for a bet with my buddies. I leave there name on it when that happens. I like the idea putting "is gay" especially if I beat them for the disc. lol

We have a kid at our course, maybe 10 years old, that goes around and looks for discs. He never gives them back. I told him if he didn't call the people it was stealing. He didn't seem to care.