• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cool Club Names?

sonny

Eagle Member
Help name our new club!

The town I live in is fortunate in having three very nice local courses, with a fourth course opening soon (9 holes in the ground now, back 9 likely to be in before October). Amazingly, there's not a local disc golf club.

This should change soon. We held an organizational meeting to get started on creating a local club last weekend and some small progress was made. Believe it or not, our most pressing need right now is deciding on a name for our club. The feeling at the meeting was that we didn't want a plain vanilla name like Rocky Mount Disc Golf.

Now I don't want to steal a name from another group, but surely some of you with established clubs have thought of a nifty name that you won't be using. Help us out here. The front runner right now is "I Dig Disc" so you can see we need help! (Although the I Dig Disc shirts might be cool.)

Any one have a clever name that would be good for a disc golf club?

Frisbyterians. You could meet on Sundays. I stole this idea from someone else, but i dont know if any clubs use it

I wonder what the name of the club is that plays the course with all the male prostitutes.;)

I've actually been going threw some names myself. we dont seem to have a club here and def need one!

One of the ladies in our group has suggested "No Balls Golf", but somehow the majority isn't buying into that one.

By the way... despite its name, Rocky Mount, NC is at least four hours from an actual mountain.

Keep the ideas coming! please

While witty names seem like a good idea in the short run, ie t-shirts and other club merchandise, remember what your goal for the club is going to be. Is going to be to raise awareness of the courses in your area? To get more people involved in the sport?

Also remember there will be times you and the club will need to approach local businesses and community groups for help with fundraising and donations and a not well thought out name may ruin your ability to get there support for your cause.

I personally am the Club president of the Madison Area Disc Club, we have a website in Wisconsin called DiscOverWisc.com and I think it is a cool play on words but think it would be hard to approach a community group asking them to help sponsor our club picnic.

just my .02

Chaingus Kahn (but you have to yell "Kaaaaahn" like Cappy Kirk! LOL)
Rocky Mountain Discologists
Disc-o-techs
Plastic Pyrotechnicians
Snow-Cap Slingers
Mile High Monsters
Peak Seasons
Disc Hunters
Basket Banshees
The Sky High Flyers
Phoenix Rising
Fairway Fanatics
Mile High Pole Dancers ;) ( I can just imagine the logo)
The Mile High Glide
Happy Gilmore's DGC (Disc Golf Club)
One Left Short of a Right :p

I like the Methodiscs especially down in the bible belt. But if you have a lot of water holes maybe the Bapdiscs would be more appropriate.

Latest posts