• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cool Club Names?

is this going to be a competitive team that plays for money etc amongst yourselves or just a recreational club?

Well I can tell you one club name that is taken, but I think is pretty cool..."club Morninwood"....we meet every Saturday at 8am <weather provided>.....and since our course is heavily wooded....when the first tree is hit, we call out "MORNING WOOD"

is this going to be a competitive team that plays for money etc amongst yourselves or just a recreational club?

Probably a little bit of both. I've been running a monthly handicapped tournament for about three years now and we play for the cash. A couple of guys have started a monthly doubles - also for cash. I can't speak for the doubles guys, but I plan to turn my tourney over to the club if we can get it off the ground. The competition committee may decide to play for plastic as a fund raiser.

There are a few course improvements we'd like to see and this is a primary motivator for organizing into a club. We'd like to see a big annual tournament to attract players from around the region to see our great courses. I'm hoping the club can raise a little awareness of the sport locally and hope we can have a few events to attract the general public.

Well good luck in your efforts...I hope it all comes together for you...and if you do happen to have a big tourney scheduled, provided it's not the same time as any of the state series here in S.C., I may just have to come up<over>. Have only played a few NC courses so far, mostly in the western part, and one in Charlotte, but have really enjoyed them. If you have 4 courses all close together, an ironman tournament might be fun!

Well I can tell you one club name that is taken, but I think is pretty cool..."club Morninwood"....we meet every Saturday at 8am <weather provided>.....and since our course is heavily wooded....when the first tree is hit, we call out "MORNING WOOD"

I get it.:)

I'm pretty sure they ended up naming the club Rocky Mount Disc Golf.

I personally am the Club president of the Madison Area Disc Club, we have a website in Wisconsin called DiscOverWisc.com and I think it is a cool play on words but think it would be hard to approach a community group asking them to help sponsor our club picnic.

I had to do a double take when I read this, as I am currently the MADC President. Then I saw this was from 2008 and had just been bumped.

The DiscOverWisc thing is even more confusing because there is a long-running tourism show here called Discover Wisconsin, and the only difference between the web addresses is "onsin". Of course, the last episode I saw a few weeks ago featured the host playing disc golf!

As new013 referenced:
http://rockymountdg.com/

Here's some logo's I did for a friends team.

DiscFunkshunalsFINAL1.jpg

DiscFunkshunalsFINAL2.jpg

In the end Rocky Mount DG is not bad. It is how you present that in a logo that makes it special.

I refer to myself as a "Disc-ordian." So I guess "The Disc-ordian Society" would be my choice if we didn't already have several clubs here.

Rocky Mount, NC voted an All-America City. How about All America Disc Golf. The AADGC

Latest posts