• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

cool way to find lost disks

I'm with ru4por...I held out on getting a cellphone until a couple-three years ago. Is a cellphone convenient? Sure. Do I "need" it and "have" to have it? Uh, no.

Hey MarkDSM
I produce radioactivity as i work with a Cyclotron so quite familiar with it.The inverse square law would work against that idea but nice try, better of using bluetooth !

Wait, bluetooth avoids the inverse square law? Is it directional? It is approximately a point source, right?

(No cell phone here, either, for what it's worth.)

Keep an eye and ear on it until you're sure it's stopped moving. I see too many people who throw an errand shot instantly get POed, turn around and start complaining about the bad throw and not even try to track it as it goes off the fairway thru a bunch of trees.

Everyone got onto the OP for spelling disk....so......

How is your disc going to pick up the milk?
How does a disc endorse a check at the bank?
How could a disc possibly drop the kids off at soccer practice?

Everyone got onto the OP for spelling disk....so......

How is your disc going to pick up the milk?
How does a disc endorse a check at the bank?
How could a disc possibly drop the kids off at soccer practice?

Wow! You got me there. :\
Now if we ever play a round of golf, be sure to keep an eye and ear on your disks. :popcorn: :p

Rocking the prepaid flip phone with built-in clock. After initially paying for $100 worth of minutes 8 years ago from T-Mobile for each me and the wife I now spend $30 per year to keep the minutes alive. I can't text or play Angry Birds while driving but it does free up funds to purchase 100 disks per year.

Motorola-V195.jpg

Yes it doesnt have GPS.
It has a map locator on the app, sorry for that, couldn't edit my post after i realised mistake.
Yes you need to replace unit after a year not good, but small cost for the time it saves me looking for my disk at my local course, that has heaps of Blackboy's here oin Australia. Plus I have lost a few disks prior to using this system.
Maybe not a good idea for everyone, but thought I would share the idea for someone else to use.

Uhhhh... :confused: That sounds pretty damn offensive to me. You're not talking about people, are you?

You joined just to post this, it's not a cool way to find lost discs, it's an advertisement.

You joined just to post this, it's not a cool way to find lost discs, it's an advertisement.

Yes i did just join to tell people this.

And its not an advertisement as i live in Sleepy old Perth WA.

I do find it quite funny your responses to what i thought i would share that works quite well for me.

You guys are quite into trhe sport quite a bit more then me.

So you pick on the way i spelt disks wow sorry for that !

Make fun of the idea wow great one guys.

Yes i did just join to tell people this.

And its not an advertisement as i live in Sleepy old Perth WA.

I do find it quite funny your responses to what i thought i would share that works quite well for me.

You guys are quite into trhe sport quite a bit more then me.

So you pick on the way i spelt disks wow sorry for that !

Make fun of the idea wow great one guys.

Welcome to DGCR. This junk happens on the regular. I'm actually amazed all the typical elitist responses were in the same thread.

How not to lose a disc?

Keep an eye and ear on it until you're sure it's stopped moving. I see too many people who throw an errand shot instantly get POed, turn around and start complaining about the bad throw and not even try to track it as it goes off the fairway thru a bunch of trees.

I'll give one warning to "that" person in my group, after that they can look for their own disc.

Another method, learn how to throw accurately while you brag about the 450' distance you have. :)

Totally agree Jay Dub. When I go discing, at least one person has their eyes on the disc, usually the thrower but that I would think would be the thing that makes the most sense: Keep your eyes on the disc and the area it landed in. I tried going with 6+ people and a bunch of, which I found out later, idiots and people who were immature and sorely lacked in the etiquette department. I just kept my eye on my discs because I wasn't gonna keep tracking their errant shots, after I had showed each and every one of them how to throw, without being wild or going out of control.

Uhhhh... :confused: That sounds pretty damn offensive to me. You're not talking about people, are you?

No Blackboys are a native bush to Australia here is a explination for it

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xanthorrhoea

They grow very big and have many sharp ended spikes, my course is covered in them and make's it very hard to locate the lost disk without poking your eye out.

Wait, bluetooth avoids the inverse square law? Is it directional? It is approximately a point source, right?

(No cell phone here, either, for what it's worth.)

Dam you cought me out !
You guys are right, a highly radioactive disk would work better.
I'll just fire up the cyclotron and make one.
will get back to you and let you know how it go's.

guruof7, it's just not terribly practical. Unless you play with just one or two discs, it would cost a small fortune to outfit the bagful or more that many people carry. All for the benefit of speeding up disc searches---because many of us rarely lose discs on land, so it would mostly just speed up the inevitable finding of the disc.

guruof7, it's just not terribly practical. Unless you play with just one or two discs, it would cost a small fortune to outfit the bagful or more that many people carry. All for the benefit of speeding up disc searches---because many of us rarely lose discs on land, so it would mostly just speed up the inevitable finding of the disc.

I have only just started playing this sport down the local course that's been up the road for many years, with my small group.
We like to throw a few disks at a time for parcatice on two holes back and forth. we found ourself's spending half the time searching for the disks and less time throwing. I like to think of ways to improve situations, so i tried this and it works great. So being the nice guy that I am i looked for a way to share it and came accross this website.
If you have many disk's you just use the one Tile and velcro it to the centre.
if it may come off you just find it again with your phone.
so for $25 for a years worth of throwing you have insurance on your disk and save time.
Is that such a bad thing ???
Of course this would not be good for pro's more for the amature. If this idea could be shared on a better website then let me know.

There I go again spelling disc wrong !!

Oh well by the time i am finished with this post wich I am finding quite amusing I will get it write.

disc disc disc disc disk disc !!!!

What did you expect?

On the internet there is no greater sin than trying to be helpful while making a spelling or grammatical error.

Interesting outlook I think.

So with that theory many idea's may never be shared because someone is to scared to type it out and make a spelling mistake.

Well I have never been good at spelling but I have learnt not to worry about it, mostly due to spell check, wich I may add this site does not have !