• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Corey's Form Improvement

After taking time to heal and Christmas break I am looking to get practicing again and have focused mainly on turning back later (which I think is at least looking better than before)

After reading through Sidewinder's previous suggestions again I don't feel like I have "let the arm/disc come further back around behind your body" so maybe I should try and work on this moving forward.

attachment.php

CoG too far over rear toes. Swivel Stairs and Buttwipe drills.
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133543

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-13 at 5.03.11 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-02-13 at 5.03.11 PM.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 33
A couple down-tempo throws after a couple sessions of working on being properly balanced on my left leg.

First throw is extra slow as I was almost trying to stop and balance on my leg before finishing the throw to get the feeling down. The other two are slightly more normal pacing.
Things that I've noticed:
- This causes my left heel to come down (not necessarily a bad thing)
- It feels like my last step is very far right of normal and completely in-line w/ left foot (obviously not the case from the video)
- I think I can stand balanced on my left leg as I am but I'm not as over my left foot as McBeth. Unsure if this is because I'm not as bent over as him or not.

You need to get deeper into door frame drill, so that your front heel can plant into the ground and get pulled back up/recoil/rebound. You are maxed stretched out before you can put your front toes on the ground, so your swing is going forward early.

Play around with your rear foot placement in the drill, step closer to door frame, try further away, try moving right/left more, turn the foot in/out, what gives you more effortless leverage against it using your mass/gravity?