• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Corpus Christi TX

linkbhg

Me and the wife are headed to Corpus/Portland area this weekend to visit family. I see there are some local courses to where we will be staying. I read up on the reviews and have seen some of the pics. Any advice on the wind and sand condition of the courses?

Lamar
Waldron
West Guth
Live Oak (Ingleside)

Thanks guys.

I can only comment on Live Oak - the red course is a ton of fun - wasn't too windy while I was there, I played three times through on the red course and it was great. Relatively short, with some long open holes, several technical shots, and just plain fun. The gold course will kick your butt no matter how prepared you are for it, I would suggest playing it, I had a blast running through the gauntlet of the gold course. Every hole I got the end with a sigh of relief "glad that's over" and then did it again, think 800 feet through a triple dogleg 10 foot wide fairway, but again a ton of fun and worth a play if you're looking for a challenge.

Gold is the $hit! Red is very fun and Guth is worth the stop as well. In that order by the way

Me and the wife are headed to Corpus/Portland area this weekend to visit family. I see there are some local courses to where we will be staying. I read up on the reviews and have seen some of the pics. Any advice on the wind and sand condition of the courses?

Lamar
Waldron
West Guth
Live Oak (Ingleside)

Thanks guys.

There is a tournament this Saturday at Guth.

If you can't make that then I would play Ingleside........Gold will be HOT so bring water.

Latest posts