• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Course Vandalisim

DAN E.

Par Member
:mad:I found out today that all 27 baskets at Whitehall Mi. were damaged or destroyed.We just had a big writeup in the local paper about W.H. and F.C. Disc Golf encouraging exersize and fitness,the next day the baskets got trashed.From 10:00 Thursday night till Friday A.M. some F*** did alot of destruction.Anything like this happen anywhere else? Pissed!

Oh man, that totally sucks. Hope they catch who did it (though unlikely...) :(

A course near where I live had 3 baskets stolen late last year. The baskets where put into concrete that was poured into a 2-3 foot hole in the ground. It couldn't have been easy to get those things out. I decided to play it for the first time and when I couldn't find the basket for #4 and #6 and didn't know where the teepad was for #5, I decided to give up. It sure was a terrible experience for my first time at that course, and I haven't been back. I also know someone that was playing the day before they were taken and he went back the next day and was the person that discovered that they were taken. The course is in a bad area anyway (mosquitoes and floods) but there are some people that will play it if the conditions are right. One tournament had to be moved because of the baskets. I am pretty sure that they were replaced quickly though.

I would write the editor of the paper and let them know. Maybe they can do a follow-up.

I stopped at the course after work today and looked at 1-4,16 and18.The top rim and chains were good,but the baskets on all of them had been jumped on and bent down at least 2"from level.Jumped on hard enough to break welds.I didn"t have time to check the back 9,but I hear that the deep 9 is the worst.I"m playing W.H.Friday,so I"ll have a better report then.But the damage is evident.

At Jack Brooks Park in Hitchcock, TX, both courses have had trouble. They took the basket for #17, and pulled it out of the ground, and threw it into the pond you have to shoot over for that hole. Then, on the other course, the #9 basket got stolen.

Somebody had a lot of time on their hands to destroy 27 baskets.

We had ten baskets stolen from Seneca Creek a number of years ago. They were finally found and returned, fortunately there were some loaners nearby for the short term. Never did hear what happened to the guy(s) that did it.

Some kids (I assume) broke the basket off of an Innova Discatcher on hole #9 at Dorton park last year. Someone welded it back on though. Crap like that pisses me off. I mean, signing the basket is one thing but straight up destroying it?!?.....

One person ran over a basket with their truck... and then people always ruin the tee pad signs

Whitehall

:)I talked to Brian and he said that most of the baskets are going to be replaced.I didn't get a chance to go into the deep 9 to take pictures,but I have the article from the local paper.Leauges started with 51 people.Everything should be back to normal soon except for the person who did the damage.

Attachments

• Disc Golf.jpg
    Disc Golf.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 38
  • Disc Golf 2.jpg
    Disc Golf 2.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 33
I have to yell at little kids climbing on baskets all the time! What's even worse is, their parents are usually right there watching them. "Goddammit people! This is golf, not a rock concert!"-Shooter McGavin

A few baskets is one thing, but all 27, that is ridiculous! They should catch all the kids and make them pay and add a whole bunch of community service.

Latest posts