• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Courses in SE PA

Dublicious

Hi,

I'm pretty new to disc golf. I've been playing Nockamixon a lot because I have a friend who lives around the corner. It's a tough course for a newbie but I like it. I've also played the back 9 in Sellersville. Seems like a nice course that I plan on going back to.

I'm wondering what other courses in the area have that kind of character. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Welcome to DGCR. Not sure if you have messed around with the Browse Map feature here, but if not it is the coolest and most powerful part of DGCR. Click the map where you want to browse and then check out the nearby courses. Make sure you look through pictures on the Media tab and also look at Reviews for any courses that look interesting.

If you already know about this and just want to chat with and meet locals.....you have started a good thread for that. :D

Nocky is tough even for experienced players, I'm surprised a newbie would like it. It is indeed a great course though. If you like Nocky, go out of the way and try Iron Hill in Wilmington, DE. It is just as difficult but has less boulders making the footing on your 2nd and 3rd shots much easier. Nocky, Iron
Hill and Tyler (all in C positions currently) are the gems in your region.

If you're looking for something not quite as painful as Nock, but still with some nice character to it, I'd also suggest Jordan Creek in Allentown. The only caveat to that is there is one hole with a decent sized water shot that you might want to skip/figure an alternative with if you're not confidant in your drives. Tyler is always great as is Iron Hill. Another Deleware course you might consider is also Carousel. It's a bit less wooded than a lot of the other courses, but it certainly has its fair share of interesting holes.

Carousel no longer exists

I think if he played south mountain, Sellersville, tinicum, nockamixon, and Tyler he'd be prepared for every course in the country
Spoiled to live in that region when it comes to DG

My favorites in the area are:

Nockamixon
Camp Sankanac
Jordan Creek
Blue Mountain
Iron Hill
Brandywine
French Creek
Sellersville

Tyler is good too, but everytime I go there I find all the baskets on the A position and it's just not that exciting.

If you are a new player, sellersville is a great course that isn't too difficult. French Creek and Iron hill can be soul destroying for new players. Camp Sankanac is probably my favorite along with Nock.

Jordan Creek is the best I played in the Lehigh valley. although Blue Mountain was also very cool, and worth checking out.

I almost forgot. Boyertown is a great little course. A very good course for beginners since there aren't many long bombs required.

And if you get tired of hitting trees all day, check out Brandywine. It's mostly wide open, and instead of trees it will challenge you with elevation changes and wind. Very unique course that is much more challenging than you would think.

Good news for Southeast, PA disc golf: Lenape Park, a new 18- hole course just opened in Skippack Township (Montgomery County near E. Branch Perkiomen Creek.) with their first unofficial tags round today. I think they are still working on it- signage, etc. but the course is in and playable.
Should be a great complement to other local courses: Upper Salford, Ryan Kelly Green Monster, and Rez Park. Also great is there is an excellent disc golf store nearby - Dtown Disc Golf. Hope to throw this one soon!

Last edited:
Good news for Southeast, PA disc golf: Lenape Park, a new 18- hole course just opened in Skippack Township (near E. Branch Perkiomen Creek.) with their first unofficial tags round today. I think they are still working on it- signage, etc. but the course is in and playable.
Should be a great complement to other local courses: Upper Salford, Ryan Kelly Green Monster, and Rez Park. Also great is there is an excellent disc golf store nearby - Dtown Disc Golf. Hope to throw this one soon!
My friend and I are talking about playing this course soon. She said it took her husband and son about 1.5 hours to play it. She also said it's a workout even not carrying a bag. I'm hoping to get the Montco Ladies out to it at some point.

Just played the new Lenape Park 18-hole course in Skippack Twp, PA (north central Montgomery County) just off the Perkiomen Creek. Short and very fun 4,200 ft-ish par 3 course. No tee signs yet, but even without Udisc it is rather easy to find your way for the most part. Beautiful day and the course just recently debuted so maaaaaaaan was it busy today- there had to be 35-45 people on the course when we were there. I attached a few pics - the first two are the extremely uphill holes 1 and 2. The last pic is the 430ft. beautiful par 3 hole 18 (as it was my first time, it was tough to see a line here off the tee which are big enough and asphalt, btw).

Attachments

• 1001231127.jpg
    1001231127.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 1001231133_HDR.jpg
    1001231133_HDR.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 1001231256.jpg
    1001231256.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 1001231259.jpg
    1001231259.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Just played the new Lenape Park 18-hole course in Skippack Twp, PA (north central Montgomery County) just off the Perkiomen Creek. Short and very fun 4,200 ft-ish par 3 course. No tee signs yet, but even without Udisc it is rather easy to find your way for the most part. Beautiful day and the course just recently debuted so maaaaaaaan was it busy today- there had to be 35-45 people on the course when we were there. I attached a few pics - the first two are the extremely uphill holes 1 and 2. The last pic is the 430ft. beautiful par 3 hole 18 (as it was my first time, it was tough to see a line here off the tee which are big enough and asphalt, btw).
Hey Paul - I played there today too! Teed off around 8:30. Parking lot was packed when I finished. Then I pushed on up to Nocky to play the re-opened back 9. Beautiful day!

Hey Paul - I played there today too! Teed off around 8:30. Parking lot was packed when I finished. Then I pushed on up to Nocky to play the re-opened back 9. Beautiful day!
I was there around 11:30- 1:00ish. As we left, I tried to get my brother to go to Rez Park (he hasn't thrown it yet) but he had to get home to get ready for a business trip this week. We'll get back to Nocky sooner or later - haven't been since it closed way back.

Played Lenape for the first time with a friend from Montco Ladies this morning. I already want to go back. I didn't think playing hills could be that fun. My only "this was an interesting design choice" was the asphalt under the baskets. Other than that, it's looking like it'll be a great course when the brush/pickers get cleaned up and the mulch is put down. The way you have to hit your lines reminds me a bit of Eagles Crossing.

Played Lenape for the first time with a friend from Montco Ladies this morning. I already want to go back. I didn't think playing hills could be that fun. My only "this was an interesting design choice" was the asphalt under the baskets. Other than that, it's looking like it'll be a great course when the brush/pickers get cleaned up and the mulch is put down. The way you have to hit your lines reminds me a bit of Eagles Crossing.
Other than the asphalt you mentioned, my only gripes are the hard dogleg angle on #15 (the only way to make birdie is with a long throw in from fairway), and the lack of a clear line on #18 (but they tell me the township is going to take out some trees). Too harsh judgements in your opinion? I'll be working on my review later this week and would like to know what others think (especially since we've played so many of the same PA courses).

Other than the asphalt you mentioned, my only gripes are the hard dogleg angle on #15 (the only way to make birdie is with a long throw in from fairway), and the lack of a clear line on #18 (but they tell me the township is going to take out some trees). Too harsh judgements in your opinion? I'll be working on my review later this week and would like to know what others think (especially since we've played so many of the same PA courses).
Totally agree with you on the hole 15 gripe. Off the tee, I was so happy with my throw (with no tee signs in place yet, I only had the Udisc map and just figured the basket was off to the left somewhere) until I got to my lie and saw where where the basket was - yikes! I had nothing - there was no opening anywhere. Think I hit a tree with a prayer of a forehand. Pretty sure I ended up with a double bogey. :mad:.

As for hole 18, I pulled something off of the book of faces somehow. I believe there are changes coming...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231003-115404~2.png
    Screenshot_20231003-115404~2.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Totally agree with you on the hole 15 gripe. Off the tee, I was so happy with my throw (with no tee signs in place yet, I only had the Udisc map and just figured the basket was off to the left somewhere) until I got to my lie and saw where where the basket was - yikes! I had nothing - there was no opening anywhere. Think I hit a tree with a prayer of a forehand. Pretty sure I ended up with a double bogey. :mad:.

As for hole 18, I pulled something off of the book of faces somehow. I believe there are changes coming...
Thanks for that. I had suggested that they temporarily relocate the tee a bit forward and to the left until the designed lane is created (although that would take the Mando out of it, it WOULD be the route that's described on uDisc and on their course map - which shows you getting out of the woods pretty early). But they responded that they're confident the town will get those trees removed quickly.

I'm not sure 18 will be all that fair for most players once it's completed (a 400'+ par 3 with a narrow lane and then a low ceiling approaching the green), but I like the course a lot, and I'm really impressed by how much support they're getting from the township! Everyone involved deserves a lot of credit.

My favorites in the area are:

Nockamixon
Camp Sankanac
Jordan Creek
Blue Mountain
Iron Hill
Brandywine
French Creek
Sellersville

Tyler is good too, but everytime I go there I find all the baskets on the A position and it's just not that exciting.

If you are a new player, sellersville is a great course that isn't too difficult. French Creek and Iron hill can be soul destroying for new players. Camp Sankanac is probably my favorite along with Nock.

Jordan Creek is the best I played in the Lehigh valley. although Blue Mountain was also very cool, and worth checking out.

I almost forgot. Boyertown is a great little course. A very good course for beginners since there aren't many long bombs required.

And if you get tired of hitting trees all day, check out Brandywine. It's mostly wide open, and instead of trees it will challenge you with elevation changes and wind. Very unique course that is much more challenging than you would think.
Hey Shamis - I've been meaning to tell you how much I agree with this list, especially since we've played 44 courses in common in six states! I would only add Ryan Kelly Green Monster to that list.

But since you played Nockamixon back in the day, and I just played the re-opened back nine, take a look at my new review. Give me a Helpful vote if you think it's good, but also tell me if you think I'm really missing something. I tried to balance being respectful of Nocky's reputation, but also honestly reporting the current situation as it gradually comes back. I wanted people to know what to expect if they play it now. Thanks!

Latest posts