• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Courses played in 1988 PDGA Championships

KickMuttButt

I am trying to update my profile and cannot find what courses were played in Cincinnati during the 1988 Worlds Championships. I've web searched until I'm blue in the face.

Help!

The Vinyard was a ball golf course that was closed so we could have the finals on it.

Offhand, I remember that we played Woodland Mound, and Winton Woods.

I was on the board back then, I will look through my old docs and Disc Golfers to see if I can find what the other courses were.

Did you play in that event too?

DGZR001 - If you mean the finals on...

The VineYards...no I was not a "finals" player:thmbdown:

I remember following the guys and wishing I was playing too. Back then, rollers were the rage and on a freshly cut ball-golf course, man you get some serious distance!

Thanks for the help...I've posted on the GCDG site and will post back here if I get some more information.

The Vinyard was a ball golf course that was closed so we could have the finals on it.

Offhand, I remember that we played Woodland Mound, and Winton Woods.

I was on the board back then, I will look through my old docs and Disc Golfers to see if I can find what the other courses were.

Did you play in that event too?
These and there was a temporary course set up in an Hamilton County park (Maybe Mitchell Memorial Park). I worked the 88 Worlds. John ???? won the Open division, Dr Rick Voakes decided that year to play Masters (35 and over), his score was the best score of the week, he would have won Open.

I played the '88 worlds and I think we played Boone's Farm? Hazzy memories. I wish there were records of early PDGA tournaments on line. I used to have a stack of Disc Golf World News but lost them in a move yrs. ago. I did get to play in the lead group in the second round Masters. Finished 11th. one out of the money.

Was the private course Cabin Creek used? I wasn't there in '88 but believe in the 90's CC was played.

The Worlds returned there in 1998, and that is when the private Cabin Creek course was used.

BTW, I missed the cut to play on the Vinyard golf course by one stroke.

I played the '88 worlds and I think we played Boone's Farm? Hazzy memories. I wish there were records of early PDGA tournaments on line. I used to have a stack of Disc Golf World News but lost them in a move yrs. ago. I did get to play in the lead group in the second round Masters. Finished 11th. one out of the money.
Probally Boone Woods.

From the Sept/Oct 1988 Disc Golfer: Doubles was at Boone and Banklick with Sullivan and Greenwell winning. Semis were at Woodland with Finals at Vineyard Golf course. Mitchell and Winton Woods were also played during preliminary rounds.

I played Cabin Creek today with another old timer. Midge ('88 Worlds TD), Bill and Scott all came out to talk afterwards.
They were wondering which courses were used thinking there was a forth during the week. All any of us could remember were the three listed here, Winton, Woodland and the temp at Mitchell.

I'm going to say this confirms it was only three plus the Vineyards.

*us old farts and our bad memories* :doh:

wow. cool. I was talking to a hardcore newbee about some of the history in cinci. 88 worlds came up.

Actually we were trying to remember the last worlds. and I recall that it was a ten year cycle. Too bad cinci didn't continue to evolve. Great history but they lost the momentum for sure.

Latest posts