• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Courses with strange baskets?

These aren't really weird, or particularly cool, but they're not standard.

Jumonville Glenn's home-made baskets. Chains are a little narrow. The plywood base makes for bad skip-outs if you hit the base & not the chains. The landscaping edging rim is pretty short.

But, hey, it caught my Aviar ok! :D And it's a church camp. So having any chains at all is a cool thing!

View attachment 1821

This basket would only anger me.

crazyBaskets.jpg

Several courses in Oregon have baskets made out of old 18 wheeler wheels (the basket portion of them anyway). Horning's Hideout and Lake Selmac are two that come to mind.

Don't know how to link the pics otherwise I would. But, if you go to their course photos page, you'll see them.
DSCJNKY

Several courses in Oregon have baskets made out of old 18 wheeler wheels (the basket portion of them anyway). Horning's Hideout and Lake Selmac are two that come to mind.

Don't know how to link the pics otherwise I would. But, if you go to their course photos page, you'll see them.
DSCJNKY

Good idea, reusing is always a good thing.

I once came across a course in northern Louisiana in a state or county park that was listed in PDGA directory but clearly built for frisbees. The holes were about 150', and the targets looked like 4' diameter concrete pipes, turned on end so the "open" parts faced up, about 3' high....and had a concrete layer about 1' from the top. They looked like giant ashtrays.

Check out the picture I took of he pvc and plastic type deal at Duck Pond Recreation Center in FOntana WI

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?p=course_pics/2546/251cf1be.jpg

It sounds like the course is now dead, but when I played this spring 7 of the 9 baskets were ok still, they caught well because of the jagged plastic despite how light they were. If you were to hit an ace from 200' you might not even know it until you got up there because it doeswnt make much noise!

yep I stole a couple loose ones from the ground because i was intriguied by them. There is nothing on the link itself but it is sort of figure 8 shaped but very nothcy and thats why they caught so well

Wolf Creek and Tom Pearce also have the Selmac-style baskets. The bottoms are truck wheels painted baby blue, and the chains hang from a circular piece of plywood.
c90e3336_m.jpg

I had no idea they were legit, they looked homemade to me, but they did catch well as I said!

Sedro Wooley for sure has some really interesting and artistic baskets. The course is NSRA in Washington. I epecially love the red tomatoe....just don't shoot past it or you are doomed.

This was a nice thread. looks like I need to do some traveling this laborday weekend to see some of these in person.

yep I stole a couple loose ones from the ground because i was intriguied by them. There is nothing on the link itself but it is sort of figure 8 shaped but very nothcy and thats why they caught so well

I just wanted to quote myself on this site, since someone on here actually assumed when I said I stole a couple of the loose ones on the group they must have thought I stole the basket. They PM'd me saying it was hilarious that I have some of the baskets from Duck Pond. I replied explaining I only took a couple links from the ground on one of the baskets that was blown apart from the fallen tree. I just had to clarify since I played with the guy who claims to be in charge of Duck Pond. I do not want my name being spread around as if I have stolen these baskets ( I believe they pulled the whole course out of the ground). At the time I didn't know this was a legit basket I thought it was homemade, and yes I did take 2 links off the ground, but it was on a basket that had been virtually destroyed. If anyone is 2 links short of a Quest AT basket let me know I can get these back to you!

Hope that clears the internet air!

I came across this photo the other day and I thought it was pretty strange.

Anyone know the location of this course:

I've never seen a basket like this before.

What other courses have strange baskets? Post pics too.

It would be sweet if they slowly rotated. I've always wanted to put at a moving target.

Latest posts