• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Courses you played when you were relatively new that you want to go back and play!!

This is posted for the "old homies" in the crowd!

When I first began play, there were less than ten courses in a state that now has @275. At least once a year, I still play one of the three layouts at the object course I originally played.

^Might have to hit that up when I'm up that way if it's close enough? :D

T2 at Turkey Lake in Orlando. Only had time enough for one course (there are 2 on site) and would love to have a chance to play both all day.

I was only about 3 months into my newfound addiction when I played...

Hour and a half max, from me ;)
Just keep rubbing it in. Douche! :mad:;):D

Seriously though, you've got some great courses in your "played" list, including many on my hit list up in the Mitten. However, I noticed you played Wildwood at Deerfield, but didn't play the OG course? If so, you missed out. I'll make the 2 hour pilgrimage from my cottage to Flip every summer, but I'm glad I've got courses like the Deerfield duo much closer for days I don't want to disc from dawn 'til dusk.

to be honest, a good amount of those courses on my list were from my 'third shift' days where all the A.M. hours blended together, and if it weren't for apdrvya carting me around as the D.D...I may not have made it.

As far as the OG @ wildwood, I believe Jeff had already played it, and we had some sort of time line we were following.

If your in the nyc area the destination course has to be warwick

Also FDR and Kisco/Leonard Park are cool New England style wooded courses.

Cranbury is weird. It was my first and also my local DG course. Scoring -1.5 on a par 55 is a 1000 rated round. It's unfriendly to newbies and open players alike. ;) If you plan to play cranbury shoot me a PM!

I'm guessing extinct courses are not to be included....but I'd love to play the 1st course I ever played when it was less than a year old. Pasadena.

I don't know---I'm including extinct courses. There are a number that I want to play again....or perhaps that I wish I could play again.

In the late 90s, when I was fairly new and courses were few and far between, while on a cross-country trip I played Merriweather Farm, southwest of Atlanta, GA. It was private, pay-to-play, and, as best I remember, pretty cool. But I remember very few details. With what I know now, about playing and disc golf courses, I certainly wish I could play it again. If for no other reason, than to see how good it really was, or wasn't.

Other than that---because I started out when there were few courses, and have lived in the same general area ever since, there aren't any courses I played in the early years, that I haven't replayed a few times since.

Idlewild and Lincoln Ridge (though called Banklick back then) are at the top of my need to return list. I spend most of my free time traveling to play new courses, but it has been almost 10 years since I played these two gems and definitely want to play them again.

My friends got me started in 1997 and I dearly miss;
The old niner at Stony Creek near the lake
The old Addison Oaks course before they put the campgrounds in
The old Riverbends courses before the paved trails and countless redesigns
The old Tunnel course at Kennsington
Prob a few more too

I've always wanted to bring a portable basket to those parks just to play my favorite oldies again. Bucket list (or pipe dream) I guess but def possible if those areas haven't totally overgrown over the last 15 years.

T2 at Turkey Lake in Orlando. Only had time enough for one course (there are 2 on site) and would love to have a chance to play both all day.

I was only about 3 months into my newfound addiction when I played...

Pretty much the same for me, a little different though.

I was 6 months in to the great obsession of disc golf and visiting my sister in Orlando. I played Turkey Lake, had a blast playing a new course, but had to get going to make it in time for Thanksgiving dinner (fitting for Turkey Lake). I would love to get back and give both of those courses a shot.

The other course I would like to try again is Cold Brook. I've only played it once and it was in 2 feet of snow, it would be nice to see what that course actually looks like...

Blue Ribbon Pines. I had been playing for a while before I went there but had to hustle through the round and did not get to enjoy it very much. Next time I go to the twin cities it will be to play golf.

In the late 90s, when I was fairly new and courses were few and far between, while on a cross-country trip I played Merriweather Farm, southwest of Atlanta, GA. It was private, pay-to-play, and, as best I remember, pretty cool. But I remember very few details. With what I know now, about playing and disc golf courses, I certainly wish I could play it again. If for no other reason, than to see how good it really was, or wasn't.

good not great by today's standards.

good not great by today's standards.

Thanks.

At the time I played it, just the idea of a privately-owned course was novel to me. I know there were others, but I hadn't played any. That's what I remember, more than anything else.

The courses down in Nashville area that I played when I first started this crazy sport. Sanders Ferry and Seven Oaks I feels as if I would love Seven Oaks as someone who can actually throw.

I played Oak Grove (Hahamongna Park), the first DG course ever, about 5 or 6 years ago. I had been playing for a while, but my game is a lot better so I would really like to go back and give it another try.

I played Oak Grove (Hahamongna Park), the first DG course ever, about 5 or 6 years ago. I had been playing for a while, but my game is a lot better so I would really like to go back and give it another try.

I would say the same thing for me along with all the other So California courses I used to play when I lived out there and had just started playing.

Latest posts