• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

COVID-19 Course Closures

Flying Armadillo disc golf club/course in san marcos, TX is closed.

I am personally going to update course condition as "unplayable" if i hear that a park is closed due to the pandemic.

I have updated the conditions to V-Rock and Oregon Park as "unplayable" already.

That strikes me as an excellent idea---mark them playable, and put "temporarily closed due to pandemic", or something. For the ones you're sure of.

Broward and Dade Counties

All courses closed in Broward and Dade County. Courses remain open in Palm Beach County for now.

It would appear that all Northern Virginia public courses are closed per the Governor's 3/23/20 Decree.

I have updated the conditions to V-Rock and Oregon Park as "unplayable" already.

Oh, I thought V-Rock was "unplayable" because the owner kept trying to make the course more and more difficult. ;)

I don't mean to single anyone out, so please don't take this personally Lumberjack, but I noticed:
Lafreniere Park
Parc Des Familles

Both in Southeast Louisiana, both currently closed.
Course conditions for these still show:
Lafreniere Park: Course Conditions as of 2/28/2020 = Good
Parc des Familles: Course Conditions as of 3/9/2020 = Good

If you post a closure here, please: go to the course page and update course conditions to "1 - Poor/Unplayable."

Searching through this thread for specific courses will be like looking for a needle in a haystack. But checking a course page and reading the conditions before you head out is pretty easy.

IF YOU VISIT ANY COURSE, PLEASE... UPDATE THE CONDITIONS.
Even if the conditions haven't changed, or you have nothing to say, just seeing conditions say "Decent" with a recent date tells people the course was open as of that date. As fast as things are evolving in the current situation, reading course conditions were good two weeks ago doesn't help anyone.

If everyone does this for the courses we visit, the day we visit, we'll be working with quality info. I'd update them myself, but who am I to update course conditions when I don't have first-hand knowledge? I've never even been to Louisiana.

Last edited:
I don't mean to single anyone out, so please don't take this personally Lumberjack, but I noticed:

Course conditions for these still show:
Lafreniere Park: Course Conditions as of 2/28/2020 = Good
Parc des Familles: Course Conditions as of 3/9/2020 = Good

If you post a closure here, please: go to the course page and update course conditions to "1 - Poor/Unplayable."

Searching through this thread for specific courses will be like looking for a needle in a haystack. But checking a course page and reading the conditions before you head out is pretty easy.

IF YOU VISIT ANY COURSE, PLEASE... UPDATE THE CONDITIONS.
Even if the conditions haven't changed, or you have nothing to say, just seeing conditions say "Decent" with a recent date tells people the course was open as of that date. As fast as things are evolving in the current situation, reading course conditions were good two weeks ago doesn't help anyone.

If everyone does this for the courses we visit, the day we visit, we'll be working with quality info. I'd update them myself, but who am I to update course conditions when I don't have first-hand knowledge... I've never even been to Louisiana.

So did I not follow protocol of this thread, or am I just the whipping boy because I was the last post before you posted?

I'm not trying to be a jerk. Just trying to promote the most effective way of communicating what courses are still available to play. Just because I quoted you, doesn't mean my post wasn't intended for all DGCR members. If that makes me a jerk, then I guess that's what I am.

Last edited:
Both San Joaquin county parks with courses (Oak Grove and Micke Grove) are closed at least until May 1 - I'm 100% sure of that

Rocklin DGC (at Johnson-Springview park) I think is closed as well, not 100% sure on that.

We can thank all the dumbarses this weekend who overcrowded the state parks. Governor Newsom then closed all the state parks and the localities are following suit

Latest posts