• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Creepy courses to visit?

I used to play 22nd Street after work because it was on the way home. I do know the feeling of being out there at dusk all alone with a long walk back to an isolated parking lot. Last Oct - Nov 2017 there was a serial killer who killed four people over the weeks about 2 miles away. While that was scary, I was more worried about the huge, old, and dead oak trees crashing down on me. About every month you would another large one down on the course, either crushing a basket or a close miss.

I was lucky enough to be in Kansas city with my family on vacation a couple years ago. As is my habit when we travel, I get up and play a dawn round wherever we happen to be. This time, I decided to revisit waterworks. At dawn, in the spring. When I arrived, the whole place was blanketed in fog. Blanketed, in the real meaning of the word. Every valley was obscured, trees laced with fog and not a single thing moved. The fog lasted fully 15 holes. Even with the sun up. It was ethereal. Throwing into a literal sea of fog...

Pictures, or it didn't happen

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180622-230353_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20180622-230353_Instagram.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 83
  • Screenshot_20180622-230434_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20180622-230434_Instagram.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 81
  • Screenshot_20180622-230417_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20180622-230417_Instagram.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 76
This is Forrest Hills in eureka, mo. I thought that was creepy. The whole course is up and down step hills and thick woods. Homemade baskets are built using actual treetrunks as the pole

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180622-230257_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20180622-230257_Instagram.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 80
There's a course... if you can still call it that... on Hilton Head Island. I have played it three summers now, in various stages of dereliction. The course was an Eagle Scout project and plays kind of cool in a mini golf sort of way, but it zig zags over itself again and again, meaning only one person or small group can play at a time. If you want to see what I mean, look up the course map for Hover Links. And then, right in the middle was a pavilion and a jungle gym that you had to avoid repeatedly. BUT... It is always empty. The hurricane destroyed the pavilion and the jungle gym and the field is cleaner, but nobody is there, it only gets mowed because it's the back yard of a church. So I play it generally around sunset. And I lost a disc in the creek that runs right behind three baskets (six holes) and I went to retrieve it and sank ankle deep in muck. I lifted my foot and my shoe stayed put... And almost instantly was swarmed by fiddler crabs. I grabbed my shoe and disc and scrambled back and slightly submerged was a snapping turtle staring at me...I wouldn't be surprised if gators lived there too but I didn't hang out long enough to find out.
I still play the course when I'm there, but I lay up a lot of those holes now haha

I'm with the one or two who think it is the people who are creepy. Ghost type things are not an issue. A big spider or snake can cause me to jump back, but generally nature does not bother me much, in fact I generally like it. I was stalked one night about 1am by a mountain lion on a night hike backpacking in a wilderness area. Gets your heart pumping a bit.

Spending a night in the woods with just a sleeping bag & campfire is my idea of fun. Spending a night in the city is my idea of a nightmare.

Beacon Glades in NY has old Friday the 13th style cabins that were creepy even in the daytime

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=4974

And thus this is why they use this stamp at tournaments. Chi chi chi ah ah ah

0e1947cd33b9.jpg

I don't know about creepiest courses, but the creepiest moment I ever had on a course was the night we were playing a glow round at Spirit Ridge. It's a private course in the middle of nowhere, so it's wild, maintained by llamas, and pitch black. We were down at the very bottom with our cars at the top when we heard a llama scream. They do that when there are cougars around. And it's one of the creepiest sounds you'll ever hear. Especially when said llama is halfway up the hill between you and your car. We got out without incident, but needless to say we walked closely together back to our cars and didn't throw anymore that night.

Omaha Park would have been really creepy at night when they had the old homemade baskets still up untill a few years ago. I played the course in 2004. Also was right next to a working set of train tracks and a spot they had to blow the horn and that can get you if not ready. I nearly peed myself due to the train tracks.

Latest posts