• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critique - hold nothing back

Tip: don't be 100%. 50-70% power should be good for form practice.

You have the same issue i do. Striding forward wiith my knee too bent or striding, planting, and folding my front knee. This was most obvious in the first 2 throws. With the front knee bent too much its a lot harder on the knee, and it also causes complications with bracing.

Really just focus or keeping your rear foot closed/neutral and striding forward straighter and really keeping that front leg stiff mentally. A tad of spring and flex is ok, just not too much

Last edited:
It looks good for just starting. To add to what Lucas is saying, don't neglect working on your left arm.

Your left arm is acting like a parachute sapping you of easy potential power. Pull it close to your body, drive your hand downwards into your inner thigh just as you start your pull, or for now just put your hand in your pocket. It will probably mess up your timing initially but dialing it in is worth it.

If you've never learned about the left arm, Sidewinder talks about it in the One Leg Drill video above and you can watch any pro throw to see what they do with the left arm. Also, HUB (HyzerUniBomber) started a thread on the Technique forum called SW22 Swim Move which discusses it.

The below file is a flash back to one of my year old critics... notice my screwed up stance, with my rear leg completely straight and my brace leg bent. It should be the other way around, with your rear bent and rotating inwards , bracig against the straight front leg.

Attachments

• IMG_3362.jpg
    IMG_3362.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 40
The below file is a flash back to one of my year old critics... notice my screwed up stance, with my rear leg completely straight and my brace leg bent. It should be the other way around, with your rear bent and rotating inwards , bracig against the straight front leg.

None of the four pros in your picture have a straight front leg, either.

Ricky and Paige don't either.

(Embedded it's too big.)

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 45
None of the four pros in your picture have a straight front leg, either.

Ricky and Paige don't either.

(Embedded it's too big.)

Yes, thats the flex and bend that occurs to avoid ruining a knee. But their knee is not out of posture(farther left of the ankle when viewed from behind)

Yes, thats the flex and bend that occurs to avoid ruining a knee. But their knee is not out of posture(farther left of the ankle when viewed from behind)

Okay. I was just pointing out that pros don't have a straight lead leg as you said "bracig against the straight front leg."

Okay. I was just pointing out that pros don't have a straight lead leg as you said "bracig against the straight front leg."
You should land on a flexed front knee like you would brace yourself from a fall/jump and then the front knee should be extending through impact to put you upright on the front hip and clear it out. The front knee doesn't have to fully extend, but some do especially when throwing for distance.

The OP isn't turning the front side back enough at the plant/weightshift and the head is taking a dive under the shoulder during the throw so he is not remaining upright stacked dynamically. Easier seen from behind the tee, the OP is swaying/drifting/pushing his hips/body to the left side of the tee pad instead of straight wiping the butt down the target line and keeping posture more upright stacked on the rear leg into the plant. The right-left sway causes the swing to have to round, swing around the body instead of the body clearing out of the way of the disc for the disc to swing straighter through. The other main issue is the disc is moving forward before the plant/weight shift which is related to not being turned back enough.

Thanks

Thanks everyone for the discussion and tips.

Just got a Innova Travel basket to start practicing at the local gym for putting and approach shots.

I'll start working on low percentage throws and form there!

Latest posts