• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critique my form! Slow Motion shot

DiscMeCrazy

I am throwing an ESP Pulse here about 380ft into a headwind. I have been working on generating more power from my legs and hips, rather than my arm (I'm an ex-Ultimate player). I could especially use some footwork tips. I throw about 400ft consistently, maxing out around 450ft in perfect conditions.

Please, if you are going to leave comments, have some experience playing the sport of disc golf. I don't care if you have watched every distance clinic on YouTube; I would much prefer sound advice from experienced players. =D Thankee!

http://youtu.be/_TQ5_8foUVY

It's on like a timer thing. Okay before I get questioned about my lack of experience. Here are my two cents. You have great arm speed and your body is generating a lot of power to get that D. Now for your feet. It's like you run, jump, and then do an almost a stand still drive. Try to smooth down the x-step into one motion so you don't loose momentum.

More good advice ^. OP your balance is way behind your heels. If you are going to x-step the wrong way, I'd suggest double hopping on the rear foot for better balance/posture/pivot.