• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Curse of the Orange Shorts Continues

Tiny

Double Eagle Member
Well, let me explain the title lol.

It all started about 4 months ago, maybe 5, I told him not to wear a certain pair of orange shorts just joking around about not matching. He wears em anyways, about mid way through the round, he tries a shot he normally wouldn't and claimed that the shorts were the power he needed to make the shot. Like clockwork, he throws the disc and tries to cut the gap between two narrow trees. It glances off one of the trees and right in the middle of this nasty sludge filled pond/river in Houston. Needless to say it was his favorite disc, bright green Z wasp. We never got it out. Thus the curse of the orange shorts was born.

Fast forward about 1 month, he wears them again, I told him not to. He has consecutive bad drives, that end up in thorny brush/burrs. Atleast 6 back to back drives. Didn't lose a disc on those shots, but he did leave one on the course that day, we don't remember where.... The curse continues.

Fast forward about another month or so, Repeat of the last time. I tell him not to, he does... We play a seemingly easy course, seemingly. He throws a bad drive on the first hole with his putter. He does it again on the 2nd shot. And again on the next shot. Shoots a 230' hole with a +2. His bad mood transferred to me. I throw an errant shot and lose it in a tree, Idk where it landed or what happened to it. My guess it, since I throw so hard, it hit the tree and disintegrated. (lol not really but I tell people it did) Lost my favorite gazelle. The curse is spreading...

Last month, he wears em again. We play a hard course with a couple terrifying shots. All is well until hole 14 at Gateway Park.... I drain my putt, he is in the bushes for his. Low ceiling, kneeling putt, that anyone should just lay up and take the 3. He goes for it.... Skip off the side of the basket only slightly deterring it's flight path, and hits the ground, skips about 3 feet more off the 45' cliff... His favorite putter is now at the bottom of it... It's just a piece of plastic, I say if we can find an easy way down, sure let's go get it. We do, he goes and gets it, I go back up the hill. He tosses it up the cliff instead of carrying it back around... It was the worst side arm attempt I've seen, and I've had some doozies. Well, it make its about 35-40ft up the cliff. Hits the side and skids down into a random hole in the side of the cliff... What does he do next? He climbs up to it. He has not actual path to get to his disc, so he has to climb up the cliff, and then climb back down. At this point, I tell him to not worry about it and let it go. He dredges on. Idk what his reasoning was, he climbs down the cliff, gets to a ledge he can sorta stand on. The hole is atleast 4ft deep and he can't reach it lol. At this point, I'm like, it's not worth your life for a piece of plastic, Don't die on my birthday (yes it was my birthday). The curse continues.

Fast forward to today, all is well, hole 5 I throw his flick because I was changing my disc in my bag and forgot to put it back in. I pretty much destroyed it with a bad shot. (yes he was wearing the shorts) I told him I'll replace it, which I will. Hole 18 rolls around and we are in a doubles group and we are finally took the lead after leaving strokes on the course. -7, -6, -5. Well, I throw my surge over the creek using the wind to my advantage and park it. It was a beauty. He tries the same, except he gets a bad release it goes sailing past the basket never crossing the creek. And it slides under the side of the creek. Where there is no ledge to stand by, and no way to see it. We lost another disc on an orange shorts day. We still win the round, due to my shots, but man were his final shots on holes 19 and 20 bad lol.

And thus the curse continues... Given it's probably a mindset thing.... But losing that wasp has put a voodoo on my mind about them shorts. He was the epitome of distraught. I am searching for another Bright Green Wasp just like his but I can't find them.

Do you guys have anything that just puts a bad vibe on your rounds? Ours would be the orange shorts lol.

what im wondering is your brother married? if he is then im shocked that his wife would allow him out in them, or maybe you can convince her to get rid of them when he's not looking.

what im wondering is your brother married? if he is then im shocked that his wife would allow him out in them, or maybe you can convince her to get rid of them when he's not looking.

No he's not, but I will get rid of em sometime lol. I'll replace em with some black shorts or something.

Save some plastic, Burn the shorts

He doesn't know it yet, but they will not be there long. :D

i think he needs to practice ;)

Lol. It's just bad Juju.

you can never go wrong with a nice pair of kahki cargo or a plaid pair.

He's a fan of basketball shorts, and I am starting to see why. I used to wear my khakis every day no matter what, but I'm losing weight so They don't fit right anymore :(

I got a tournament coming up saturday, and will have to try different shorts tomorrow and see what's up. I felt great in my basketball shorts today, was draining straddle putts easy.

my guess is the orange shorts are meant for you to dominate in, and it was only trying to bring it to both of your attention this whole time.

Latest posts