• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Cycling the Buzzz.

zepphead33

Eagle Member
I know it is a really popular thing to cycle Dx Rocs through stages of wear, so does anybody do this with the Buzzz? If not, why?

I believe most people don't because its hard to beat in a buzzz enough to make it a big turnover disc. If you buy it in x or pro d you can, but those 2 typically won't hold hyzers as well, so you'd need a z or esp as well, which is why most people just pick up a meteor instead.

I believe most people don't because its hard to beat in a buzzz enough to make it a big turnover disc. If you buy it in x or pro d you can, but those 2 typically won't hold hyzers as well, so you'd need a z or esp as well, which is why most people just pick up a meteor instead.

Interesting. When my Buzzz SS comes in, I will have an ESP Buzzz which I don't think will ever get less stable, and the SS for my understable needs. Sounds fantastic.:thmbup::thmbup::thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

I recycle my buzzz's actually. I throw ESP FLX and use those for straight and turnover shots, one disc for straight and one that is getting beat in and it flips nicely for me. I also have a Z Buzzz for overstable needs, which I just switched to. Was just throwing brand new ESP FLX for that.

It takes a while to beat in my z buzzz's...but I like new buzzes just as much as beat ones...so it happens heh.

I tried out a Buzzz SS today and it turned over a pretty easily. So I have it now for a totally different role than I thought I was going to use it for. Hopefully it doesn't break in too much

I cycle buzzzs just like others do with roc's. My buzzzs beat in easier than most playing my home course with asphalt fairways. I throw 2 midnight buzzzs of different beatnesses and a 2nd 1st run as well. I will phase back in a more stable glow buzzz once my newer midnight wears in.

I cycle my buzzes too. Currently I use a well worn flx buzz for underpowered hyzer flips and annies, and a 176 esp for straight and slight hyzers. I used to carry 3 in the bag but I got sick of continually replacing my most stable buzz as they wore in and bought a flx done instead. The drone is indeed a great overstable mid, though some here argue it's not needed. I need one though. :)

I just carry two Buzzzes. A Z for straight to hyzer shots, and an X which is good for turnover shots once it gets beat in.

^^^ This, and In my experience the Buzzz is more of a one trick pony it excels at lower straighter lines. As they beat they really lose the ability to hold straight flat shots and you have to start putting a lil hyzer on them which requires them to have a little wiggle room.

Rocs like a lil air underneath em so they can take advantage of all that glide. Plus the base plastic Rocs beat pretty quickly so people I know usually swap to a new one to keep their favorite in that sweet spot a little longer.

I don't know if it's the most accepted practice or approach around here, but I carry a few different weights for my Buzzzes for hyzer/flatter/anhyzer. My pancake flat 178 FLX is quite stable. My 174 Z will turn a bit, and the 167 ESP will turn over without hesitation. This is what I experience at approximately the same release "effort" if you will. So I find that putting the same amount into a disc with different weights works for me. It's better than beating in a disc for me, because I've been learning to branch out to different companies/molds in the last year. Just quicker.

I throw a Wasp/Buzzz/Meteor .. and if they ever stop doing what I want them to, I replace them with a new one ...

it has been said before, but I will say it again.

Max weight flat esp is slightly overstable for me
My z buzz is dead straight
x buzzz is beat and turns over nicely/ hyzerflips on command.

there might be a little overlap between the z and esp, but I dont mind the little extra weight.

I have thought about a meteor if I ever lost my trusted beat x buzz though

I have 4 Buzzzes: 2 Z's that are nice and stable, and an SS and an ESP that are virtually interchangeable. I don't buy new ones, I swap them in and out of my bag. I keep the 2 Z's in my bag, since my understable duties are taken care of by my 150 Roc

Cryztal buzzz for overstable 176g
glo/z buzzz for dead straight 173g
esp flx buzzz (or new ss buzzz) for anhyzer 168g

for me.

I've said this before, but cycling a Buzzz is square-peg, round-hole in my opinion. The Buzzz mold just doesn't lend itself to cycling.

When beat, a Buzzz will flip, but has more of a tendency to turn and burn, or hold the anny to the ground. A seasoned Buzzz does have its uses though -- tailwinds or hyzerflips, 70% shots, or anny shots where you want the disc to hold the angle longer, like on downward elevation or such.

My analogy is that the Roc is like one of those do-everything wrenches you see on infomercials. A *insert your overstable mid of choice*/Buzzz/Comet combo is like having a full set of Craftsman sockets.

Buzzz related question:
How does the stability compare in CryZtal, Z, FLX, and ESP? Throw in D and X if you want to be awesomely comprehensive.

Just curious, how many Buzzz throwers rock a Z or Esp Buzzz and x Comet combo? Seems like it could be good.

Latest posts