• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dan Beato... Who is he?

I hope a lot of folks realize that they probably have some superb DG players right in their own backyards that don't have a PDGA membership, or haven't renewed it in awhile. I'm sure if one could make an attractive living playing disc golf they might consider the tournament circuit more, but alas other priorities have reduced their level of involvement in the sport to a local one. These are great people to learn from.

Very true. Unfortunately not all of these guys are good teachers. Some of them are and you are very lucky to be in their circle when starting to play DG. The one buddy of mine who got me into DG moved shortly after I started playing and my other friends are just as new to the sport as I am. I guess I need to branch out.

Actually Dan Beato learned everything he knows from me, and I'm the most interesting man in the world. I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink Dos XX.

Stay thirsty my friends
I would argue that Dos XX is hardly a beer.

Actually Dan Beato learned everything he knows from me, and I'm the most interesting man in the world. I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink Dos XX.

Stay thirsty my friends

lmao....well then your a pretty damn good teacher..thanks brother dave for teaching beato so he could teach me

I would just like to clear something up. When I was doing these videos the guys did not know my real last name, and so they posted "Beato" instead of "Beto".

I am starting to play a ton, I have won my first Open Pro tournament this weekend and also took top 20 at the Minnesota Majestic!

My putting is actually rock solid, I just had a hard time at the beginning of the year this year, but it is all coming back together and I am practicing hard core these days.

I just turned pro like 3 weeks ago!!! woo!!!

So my rating is going up up and up!!!

and Thank You for the kind words! I will be getting some more vids up soon!

That video is all over this sight. Helped me a lot thanks!!! If that is really him then this site is even better than I thought, which is hard to imagine :)

Dan showed an old guy like me how to throw without hurting my back every time. Because of him I won my class at the Majestic, that and lots of putting work.

I would just like to clear something up. When I was doing these videos the guys did not know my real last name, and so they posted "Beato" instead of "Beto".

I am starting to play a ton, I have won my first Open Pro tournament this weekend and also took top 20 at the Minnesota Majestic!

My putting is actually rock solid, I just had a hard time at the beginning of the year this year, but it is all coming back together and I am practicing hard core these days.

I just turned pro like 3 weeks ago!!! woo!!!

So my rating is going up up and up!!!

Congrats Dan. :)

...and as a player of a only a few years and dedicated to this sport I have to say your vids are some of the best (if not one of the best) in instructional DG vids.

Dan, Glad to hear you're really getting into it, if you're ever near Rochester I know I'd love to learn a thing or 70 from you.

The videos help a lot, I need to rewatch every so often because as you learn more parts of the drive, you lose things you once had, and by retooling and starting over you just keep getting more and more distance and more and more control.

I've finally gotten to the point (I say finally like I've been playing this game for a long time...no, I just play very OFTEN) that I can choose between 330-400' of pure distance, or 250-320 of much more accurate distance. On the course I play most often the control is much more usable, so I've switched back to working on that.

Using the same techniques you discuss in your video, I feel much more confident in my abilities to play the best lines for my distance and control. During my last match play round (that I lost to a fantastic and extremely talented local) I had 3 amazing drives that were almost scary to watch because they were so precise (in two instances it involved throwing a line directly towards a tree, as it need to come back left as close to the tree as possible) and all three on the shots turned out perfectly. One was an easy 3 (dropped just short on a 30' uphill putt...doh) and one was an easy 2..and one was a 3 on a par 4 which tied my competitor.

This is really a long, terrible, way of trying to say:

Thank you! Welcome to the site! We look forward to more awesome videos, and you already have a fan club in all of us.

\/\/

Dan registered here a year ago but just hasn't posted much. It seems his habit is to make a couple of posts every July. He may also be a "regular" at DGR, and decided to revisit our glorious and magnificant DGCR while their database is FUBAR.

Anyway welcome back, Dan. Your videos have TONS of fans around the interwebs. Is it also true that you're the muscle behind Joe's Flight Chart?

it usually takes me a while to get into a forum but i will start posting more here since i know a lot of people would appreciate my input.

it is true i am the muscle behind Joe's flight chart. me and blake both help write the disc characteristics because it is very hard to do by yourself and having two people doing it really helps make it more accurate.

maybe now that i am a proffesional player and am starting to tour around the country more maybe more people will listen to my input? lol jk i understand why some people dont listen to an am player or someone who cannot walk the walk but i did and gave blake a chance because i wanted desperately to get better and i did not regret it. if it was not for me taking that chance i would not be where i am today.

i am very glad to hear of all if your successes and congrats for them abd remember it is you that does the work to succeed! i am always here to help!

Last edited:
Congrats, Dan, on your MN Majestic and Am Nats (in Michigan) finishes! I was watching and rooting for ya!

Daniel
(aka drledford93/patdabunny from DGR)

it usually takes me a while to get into a forum but i will start posting more here since i know a lot of people would appreciate my input.

I think that's a safe assumption. The videos have been a big help to many players, myself included.

One thing I'd like to hear you talk about when you have the chance, is what Blake put you through that turned your 380' of distance to over 450'. I'm getting there, but the past few weeks I haven't made much progress in pushing my max distance. Your reply to my video critique thread on DGR has been helpful...thanks again, and welcome to this forum.

Latest posts