• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Daredevil Grizzly

Streets

* Ace Member *
picture.php

picture.php

Thoughts

Can't believe there isn't a thread already on this disc.

Took it out at lunch today to my local 9 holer for a one-disc round and put it through the paces. For all intents and purposes, this is the Canadian Roc. The given numbers are 4-4-0-2 but after throwing I would give it more like a 5, 4, -.5, 3. It has a decent fade like a good Rancho Roc but HSS is more in line with a Sanny Roc or a light DX. Just a smidge of turn on a flat rip. This makes it an excellent line shaper as it will hold some anny and come back. It's also faster than a Roc, the rim is thicker, similar to the Warship. I wouldn't call it a 'tweener" but it's a faster style midrange with a more traditional beveled rim (like a Roc).

Got it from Infinite. 177 High Performance plastic. The plastic feels like it will hold up long term and brand new it's a smidge slick but I see that changing with more use. Tentatively it is in the bag.

For reference I'm in the neighborhood of 330-350 distance with an Inertia and push mids into the 280 range.

Seems the web is buzzing a little bit about this mold now that Nikko is throwing it.
Nikko still has some sway on the market even while bouncing from sponsor to sponsor each year.

I have spent a good deal of time with the Griz when I was first getting together with Daredevil and its a solid, yet unspectacular, mid. Straight to fade lines with a bit less stability than a Rancho Roc.

Seems the web is buzzing a little bit about this mold now that Nikko is throwing it.
Nikko still has some sway on the market even while bouncing from sponsor to sponsor each year.

I have spent a good deal of time with the Griz when I was first getting together with Daredevil and its a solid, yet unspectacular, mid. Straight to fade lines with a bit less stability than a Rancho Roc.

Not gonna lie, that's kind of what made me go for a Grizzly. I had been wanting to try a Daredevil disc for awhile but the seeing the video, I thought it would be a great place to start.

Not gonna lie, that's kind of what made me go for a Grizzly. I had been wanting to try a Daredevil disc for awhile but the seeing the video, I thought it would be a great place to start.

If you are a fan of the plastic, Daredevil's best molds are their fairway drivers.
Check them out via Daredevil or via RDG in our plastic offerings.

If you are a fan of the plastic, Daredevil's best molds are their fairway drivers.
Check them out via Daredevil or via RDG in our plastic offerings.

That might be what I look into next. Definitely going to keep throwing the Grizzly for the next few weeks to really get a feel for what it can do.

I tried out the Grizzly for a couple weeks and found about the same thing. I just found that anything it could do, my Roc could do better.

My first run does have one of my favorite stamps I have ever seen.

Another several holes under the Grizzly's belt and I definitely like this mold. I was able to test out some more lines with it other than just straight and hyzer and love it's line-shaping capabilities. It can hold an anhyzer with very little effort and then takes on some pretty aggressive fade which can be very useful for wooded shots. Still great for long soft glidey hyzers.

#ThrowinGrizz

Grizzly is cool, but I like the predictability added with the Moose. Was cool of them to name a disc after me too.

Is the moose MORE OS than the grizzly?

On the daredevil site they call the grizzly OS and the moose "slightly OS".

I was thinking about checking out the moose but I don't want anything too OS.

It's got more of hooking glidy fade, Griz is dumpier. Moose is like a Roc as Grizzly is more Hornet like.

I'm not an expert on all things Daredevil but that's my 2 cents.

Love Daredevil Plastic

I have yet to throw a Grizzly but I am super excited to try one. I already bag a Timberwolf, Wolverine, and a Yeti. Daredevil Disc's plastic is amazing! If you don't know anything about their plastic, you should check out this review. It lays out the Flex Performance plastic and even touches on the High Performance plastic. Give it a shot and read the review! http://fddiscsproductreview.blogspot.com/2015/10/daredevil-timberwolf-my-newest-best.html

Hi folks, thanks for all the great feedback! WakaDiscSupply will have more stock shortly. Tha Discstore also stocks our models in the USA or you can go to our website if you live in Canada.

I was given a Caribou and that has quickly become the understable compliment to my Roc/Ghost. It isn't in my opinion as an understable as the numbers say (4, 5, -3, 1). I'd say 4, 5, -1.5 to -2, 1 would be more accurate. It is the first disc I look to for get out of trouble shots that aren't spike hyzers. It is great for short controlled flicks and hyzerflips. It replaced two discs in my bag, a Skeeter and an Element. Also it is my first choice for one disc rounds.

I really like their Grip Performance plastic. I'd say the plastic has the firmness of Star plastic but feels like a gritty R-Pro and it has been holding up pretty well so far. Three of the four plastics from Daredevil I have tried I have loved (Grip Performance, Flex Performance and Elastic Performance). I wasn't a fan of high performance honestly. It felt like a crappy Champion plastic to me and Champion plastic is not my favorite plastic anyway.

Anybody still throwing these things these days? I was reading up on some random midrange molds and this one piqued my interest.
Is it really the same mold as their Caribou just different plastic? Sounds like they would complement each other quite well