• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Darlings of disc golf, Lewisville tx

I hope it works out. My guy has a bum knee, so I would be trying to pull a caddy from the single caddy pool. But I will be at U.S. Masters that weekend.

Jenb, I was hoping to meet you!

Any tips/ advice for LL woods in Lewisville, anyone?!

I don't play LL Woods much. It is very open, so if there is wind, it will have a large impact on the round. But I don't have good rounds at that course, so I don't think I am the best person to give advice on it.

If the wind is anything like it has been lately, I might be in trouble ;)

I hope that caddy of mine knows what he's doing!

Why did I think this was a good idea? I can hear it now, "I told you I should have thrown the diamond! It's all your fault!". What did I walk into?

10 guys to 1 girl does not sound appealing to me, now if it was 10 girls to 1 guy then I have a shot :)

Lived in Wichita Falls for a year and the was the windiest place I've ever seen! Not the best place for any kind of golf.

10 guys to 1 girl does not sound appealing to me, now if it was 10 girls to 1 guy then I have a shot :)

I'm not knocking the format or idea at all. I just think most women that sign up will already have a caddy. Either way, it's going to be a fun event.

Sausage fest.

Still love to see women out hucking plastic better than I.

me caddying for my wife would pretty much mean me remaining silent and carrying her bag

Giving advice to my own wife? Do I look stupid?! (don't answer that please)

That said, I'll ask her if she wants to play.

Jenb, I was hoping to meet you!

Any tips/ advice for LL woods in Lewisville, anyone?!

Btw, this is my first tournamemt so any tips for first timers would be great too!

general: don't let the slow pace of tournament play get to you. stretch and stay warm if you have to wait on the next tee.
have snacks and water
1 shot at a time. forget about that last bogey.

LL woods: the OB paths and creek are the biggest threat, trees/obstacles are minimal.
listen to your caddy AND the other caddies. someone should be out there with good advice for disc and shot selection.
watch the other players throw to get a read on what the wind is doing. learn from their mistakes.

me caddying for my wife would pretty much mean me remaining silent and carrying her bag

Giving advice to my own wife? Do I look stupid?! (don't answer that please)

That said, I'll ask her if she wants to play.

Sign up! My plan is to sit back and wait to be asked for help. Ill make suggestions on discs but I probably won't say anything about form. Maybe I'll help her decide on the best lines but I'm going to keep mostly quiet.

I'm setting the over/under at 5 for caddy's leaving between rounds.

My wife is playing it will be her first tourney I'll caddy for her even though it's gonna cost me $20

I know Tony Shirley will be making t-pads closer to the pins than normal. He wants to see some of the newer woman making some birdies and gaining confidence in the game.

There ended up being more women than guys. Awesome turn out! My wife(his.old.lady) ended up taking 6th out of the 15 girls in intermediate! Pretty amazing in her first tournament and for only playing for so short of a time! I'm a super proud husband and caddy.

Well I would of been proud if she would have placed dfl. She put her nerves aside, stepped up in front of people, and did something she wasn't comfortable with.

She nailed that putt in a 15 mph headwind!!!

Congrats to all the girls that played and thank you tony for throwing a great event.

Looks like fun. I gotta say, that girl in the 1st photo with the dark green shirt on is the ugliest woman I've ever seen.