• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dave Feldberg Putting Clinic on Youtube

if anyone wants a copy of the climo/feldberg dvd in excellent used condition i got one i might be willing to trade for a z stalker if someone wants the movie but doesnt wanna pay cash....if so, 171-175g in a bright color would be nice :)

Which DVD are you referring to? (sorry if i missed it in the thread somewhere).

I'm not 100% positive, but I think it's the one with him and Ken Climo called Learn To Play The Champions Way DVD Climo & Feldberg Disc Golf. Here's a link to a youtube preview for it" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOlST21Ysq8.

It runs from 15-20 plus shipping on the websites I saw that have it. The Youtube comments seem pretty mixed about. People either love it or hate it. As a realtive newbie, I'm sure it will help me.

I'm pretty sure he was referring to the Fundamentals DVD, but I assumed he was referring to Volume 2, which to my knowledge is not out yet. Volume One has been out for a while now. In those clips Dave said that the DVD would be coming out this summer, so unless those were some pretty old clips, then he must be referring to a DVD that is not yet released.
He doesn't go into nearly as much details about putting technique in Volume One.

Yeah but look at the intrest it has generated from doing this. I actually think more people would want to buy it now that they have had a taste of it.

Those vids on Youtube had TONS more instruction than what was on Volume One of the Fundamentals DVD.

DO NOT go out and buy Volume One thinking that you are going to get that detailed of instruction.

We'll see about Volume Two.

Thanks for the heads up cc. Is that video a good video on an overall basis, or are there better instructional videos out there? I'd like to buy an instructional type DVD. "Fundamentals DVD" sounds like it should be instructional, but perhaps there's something better out there.

Thanks for the heads up cc. Is that video a good video on an overall basis, or are there better instructional videos out there? I'd like to buy an instructional type DVD. "Fundamentals DVD" sounds like it should be instructional, but perhaps there's something better out there.

It is worth the price of admission. Just think...either buy one new disc at the store or improve your game, which is way more fun than getting any given disc.

It is worth the price of admission. Just think...either buy one new disc at the store or improve your game, which is way more fun than getting any given disc.

Volume One is not bad. I own it and rewatch it every once in a while. A beginner can pick up a lot from it, and even an experienced player might learn something. They really cover quite a bit on the DVD, but nothing in depth at all. For instance, on the putting section, they make some of the same points that Dave made on those youtube videos, but then don't explain them very well...just introduce the concept. They throw a lot of catch phrases at you and let you interpret for yourself. IMO

Remember, its like you are reaching out to shake someone's hand. You don't reach toward their face or toward their toes. In putting you are pushing the putter toward the bottom center of the chains in the "sweet spot". Feldberg recommends pushing a large phone book like a putter in order to get the push action down. I don't know if that is really necessary. But inside of 30 feet power shouldn't be the issue. If power is the issue then chances are you are only pushing with your arm instead of with your whole body. When you push putt the power is being generated in more than just your arm. You can use a slight rocking motion and a slight lean toward the basket at release in order to have your whole body pushing the putt into the basket. Inside 30 should be easy if the power is being generated from the right place. Just like on a drive, the arm by itself isn't enough to get it there. Same with putting. Hope that helps.

That looks like really great info, these videos are great, my 10 year old son and I looked at them then went outside and attempted them. I struggle quite a bit, and then got extremely consistent at hitting 10-12 ft puts with this method, but my boy, got out there and hit one dead center of the basket at about 20 ft, maybe it was luck, but who knows, he hit more consistently than I did.

Which DVD are you referring to? (sorry if i missed it in the thread somewhere).

I'm not 100% positive, but I think it's the one with him and Ken Climo called Learn To Play The Champions Way DVD Climo & Feldberg Disc Golf. Here's a link to a youtube preview for it" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOlST21Ysq8.

It runs from 15-20 plus shipping on the websites I saw that have it. The Youtube comments seem pretty mixed about. People either love it or hate it. As a realtive newbie, I'm sure it will help me.

Okay, thanks for the post. I actually have that one, I thought there may be a different that I hadn't heard about yet.

well i was fortunate enought to watch all these at work yesterday and i must say that with just the 2 rounds i played today, my putting has already improved by 30%..i'm tenative to start changing my putting style just days before a tournament, but i'm confident that what he taught in those videos is top notch stuff....my main focuses today were the stance that he taught and the imaginary line that ran through the ball of one foot to the heel of the other. this was quite a bit different that my putting before. it seemed to help tremendously along with "reading" the stamp when released...

If you have watched these vids on your computer and NOT watched anything afterwards, you should be able to retrieve it (the last one you watched) from your temp cache.

I've seen a how-to on this for Windows but as a Linux user, I really have no problem doing it at all. PM me if you want the 411 on Linux - it's NOT the same as Windows though!

Last edited:
so i was chatting with a few of my buddies about the "jump-putt"/"putt-jump" thing and the balance (touching the foot). one of my buddies said that its BS and the PDGA isnt enforcing the rule as feldberg put it and that last he had heard there was talk of getting rid of the 10m rule all together. anyone know of a clarified answer to it?

so i was chatting with a few of my buddies about the "jump-putt"/"putt-jump" thing and the balance (touching the foot). one of my buddies said that its BS and the PDGA isnt enforcing the rule as feldberg put it and that last he had heard there was talk of getting rid of the 10m rule all together. anyone know of a clarified answer to it?

See this post.

it seemed to help tremendously along with "reading" the stamp when released...

I got to see some of these briefly before they were taken down, but I missed this part. Can you explain what he meant about reading the stamp? Is the disc supposed to be throw a little nose-up or something?

Yup, slightly nose up so you can "read the stamp" all the way to the basket.

And just for conversation, why must the person that did the video "have to talk to Innova"?

Public park.... no privacy rights apply. You can videotape anything. Not that I think it's right, but there was nothing illegal about it.

Yup, slightly nose up so you can "read the stamp" all the way to the basket.

And just for conversation, why must the person that did the video "have to talk to Innova"?

Public park.... no privacy rights apply. You can videotape anything. Not that I think it's right, but there was nothing illegal about it.

The only way he would be required to get Innova's permission is if they made all participants sign something agreeing not to publish video of the lesson. It could also simply be that Innova sponsored the clinic and he's just wanting to be nice to them.