• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dave Feldberg Putting Clinic on Youtube

That's a legal putt. As long as you have a point of contact within 30 cm behind your lie as the disc leaves your hand you are good when putting outside of the 10m circle.

it is really hard to tell when the disc leaves his hand, and that's what i think Dave is referencing when he's saying is it a jump putt or a putt jump.

i would call it good because I can't tell when exactly the disc left his hand, but he was in the air before it fully did, even by a centimeter, it is an illegal putt.

This is a great video. I, too, have problems with the disc wobbling and/or becoming a lob putt and dying short left. I'll have to work on the motion.

Dave's putt is REALLY close to being illegal pretty much every time but even in slo-mo it is hard to see.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't call it on him for fun!

I personally am a very good jump putter and would be crushed if they changed the rule and feel that if you see something that looks wrong you should call it!!

Dave and Robbie Bratten are the only two who stick out in my mind as being VERY close to and illegal shot.

Also did this video mess anyone's putt up?

His whole belief in a nose up putt messed my form up for about 2 weeks and I went back to my old style. Besides the last 3 times I have played with him I seemed to be the better putter.

Basically the video is good in teaching someone who is a mediocre putter or worse but if you already feel comfortable there is no need to do everything he suggests and instead you should take bits and pieces from the vid and add it to your current routine.

It was one step back, two forward for me, but I was a weak putter.
I found the balance exercise and squaring the shoulders helped.

Also did this video mess anyone's putt up?

His whole belief in a nose up putt messed my form up for about 2 weeks and I went back to my old style. Besides the last 3 times I have played with him I seemed to be the better putter.

Basically the video is good in teaching someone who is a mediocre putter or worse but if you already feel comfortable there is no need to do everything he suggests and instead you should take bits and pieces from the vid and add it to your current routine.

Yep...It messed up my putt. Most of the tips in there are good but there were some that just screwed me up like the nose up deal and the keeping the arm straight with the elbow locked deal.

IMO Blake_T's short arm putting intro was better to learn from and turn into your own type of putt then Feldberg's was.

Yep...It messed up my putt. Most of the tips in there are good but there were some that just screwed me up like the nose up deal and the keeping the arm straight with the elbow locked deal.

IMO Blake_T's short arm putting intro was better to learn from and turn into your own type of putt then Feldberg's was.

Blake's instruction is very good especially on the putting aspect of things! He also is a HUGE advocate of using stiff putters.

Your name is fitting.

You would pay for a putting video?

Truthfully you would be better off having someone physically show you a few things even if they aren't Davery. I know quite a few Adv players who are very solid putters and can help players looking to improve on putting.

If Dave was there with you that would be nice but he isn't and maybe you could use it along with someone videoing you are just critiquing your technique.

I've been trying this for the past few days and so far, I have to say it hasn't helped. I realize that it will take time to adapt to this putting style but it is not very intuitive at all. I have to say at this rate I doubt it'll become permanent for me

Latest posts