• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DD branded shoes

I have heard oboz run narrow, can anyone confirm that?
I have very narrow feet, and the only shoes I have found that fit me are northface, and my current new pair of tevas.
Seems like I have tried everything else and nothing fits, but the other day I was told to try oboz next go around.

So this might be good for me.

Try a North face shoe. I'm big, and drag. Same pair for 3 years almost

^ I'll back the Northface claim. I have two pairs of Northface's (Hedgehog GTX III) and they have held up quite well. :thmbup:

I wish I could....they stop at size 14 (I'm 15) and are a lil narrow. But man everyone I know with those shoes loves them.

I have heard oboz run narrow, can anyone confirm that?
I have very narrow feet, and the only shoes I have found that fit me are northface, and my current new pair of tevas.
Seems like I have tried everything else and nothing fits, but the other day I was told to try oboz next go around.
So this might be good for me.

Salomon and Asolo run narrow too, I can't even get my foot in the shoes.

Thanks for the suggestions
I have tried Salomons, I find their arch is too far forward for me.

I've never tried Oboz or Northface. I will have to take a look at those. Keens are the only DG shoes I have actually destroyed the soles on. Merrels and Salomons both held up for me for years, but my Salomons lost waterproofing and arch support within about 3 months. The Merrels I had were ventilators, so not waterproof, but they maintained fit and appearance for about 18 months before I ruined them in some ankle deep mud. I'm testing waterproof Merrels for the first time right now.

Last edited:
^ I'll back the Northface claim. I have two pairs of Northface's (Hedgehog GTX III) and they have held up quite well. :thmbup:

they look like they have a pretty aggressive tread. you cant go wrong with a lifetime warranty too. hows the goretex holding up? my keen bryce dont hold back water very well despite their own 'goretex' layer

Try a North face shoe. I'm big, and drag. Same pair for 3 years almost

Another North Face fan here. I have a pair of Hedgehogs like Bender's, and they're my second favorites to my New Balance Minimus (never thought I'd be a fan of minimalist shoes). The soles haven't shown any wear, and they keep my feet perfectly dry after six months of usage. My snow discing boots are North Face also, and they're probably seven years old at this point and still going strong.

Northface anything is usually nice and high quality. One of the few brands you typically get what you pay for.

I'm kind of intrigued by this bag as well. If it holds a little more than my Crunch stuffed to the max than I might have a new summer bag.

Done playing the coy game. I'll speculate. Here's who I think is making them now that I saw the pics. I had originally thought it might be Cushe simply because of the Emac sponsorship but I don't think that is the case now. I think it's.......

Oboz-Sawtooth-Shoes.jpg

Yeah I thought this as well.

I'll chime in again.

I'm 6'4", 220 and I'm wearing the same keens I've had for 3-4 yrs.

I didn't expect that longevity.

With these, honestly if the price point was right, I'd buy a new pair of these every year.

Turn the others into beaters.

Jesus there's some large people in this thread

Large people are passionate about shoes. Not really a section of the demographic catered to, so we all usually end up traversing the many companies trying to find the "pair."

I have a pair of Merrell Geomorph Maze that I've used for about 8 months now, use them all the time, DG and not DG. Literally no visible wear. I FH and BH.

I can post pics later.

Makes me happy I wear size 11...they're everywhere.

Then again, if I was 6'4" and 220 instead of 6' and 200, maybe I'd be able to throw 50' further.

My friend wears size 14, and when we happen to be somewhere to sells shoes I kinda cringe at the tiny selection offered for him. A whole shoe store, they have like 10 pairs in his size.

Just kind of funny there's so many giants on this forum (or as stated above, just passionate about shoes due to lack of variety in many brands).

For those who were interested in the new DD bag to be released sometime in 2014. The ultimate summer bag in my eyes. I took some pics of the proto at the shop this morning with it loaded. I figured I'd post them here then I might make an actual thread for it in the bags section this afternoon.

Here it is without moving the dividers. I left them how they were but like the innova u channel you can unvelcro the two middle dividers and move them to fit your needs. This is with 15 swan putters and no tight fits.

vid7wo.jpg

Layout changes I'm told will be a drink pouch on both sides and instead of that small flip over velcro pocket it will be a zippered pocket that size on both sides in front of the drink holders. Perfect I think for a summer bag. I want to carry both watter bottles and still have a pocket for keys and cell phone and one pocket for misc items maybe an extra mini and sharpies, scorecard stuff or suncreen and bugspray. Something that carries enough to not be short handed but much lighter. These are light bags and still very compact. You can see the normal two disc putter pocket on front also.

Second pic is loaded with a more traditional layout.

2e1r77d.jpg

That's three Giants in the left section for distance drivers. Probably could have stuffed four in there if I really forced it but I loaded the middle with 11 stag fairway drivers! lol surprised myself with that one and I did stuff them in tight. The right section is 3 Pain mids. If I was loading it out I'd probably move both side dividers in more and go with 4 distance one trident specialty shot disc, 7 fairways maybe just six if I wanted to keep them extra easy to pull out. Then 4-5 mids and my two putters in the pocket. Or three mids and a driving putter with two circle putters in the pocket. Something like that.

Basically it's almost got the capacity of my grip bag with none of the extra weight. Same water storage just maybe half the gear storage? At $45 I'm definitely getting one for summer use. Just wish I hadn't sold my quad straps. I might just get a pair of the DD ones and see how those work out.

Latest posts