• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DD branded shoes

Is there a putter pocket not pictured?

You can kind of see the putter pocket on the front of the first pic. Maybe it's cut off I resized it for message boards before uploading. It's the same black dual putter pocket on the ranger bag. Just on the front.

I think the DG shoes look promising...they look like a light weight running shoe meshed with sturdy keens...i will probably buy some...my merrells have seen better days...

I tried to ask who was making them today when I was buying some discs and taking those pictures of the bag. The ones working didn't remember or weren't supposed to say. He did say it's not keen or... then trailed off so it's definitely not keen. That's all I can say. Everything else I heard at a quiet tone and I don't think should be said at this time.

With a slight bit of research on the internet, you'd find that it's not going to be Keen, as they just launched a new disc golf shoe.

http://www.keenfootwear.com/us/en/product/shoes/men/outdoor/nasu wp/neutral gray!black

If there's anything I learned selling shoes when I was just out of school, it's that you avoid new brands for at least a few seasons. If these indeed are not from a company that is already established, avoid them.

When Under Armour came out with shoes/cleats there are tons of quality issues in the first incarnation of each shoe. The next season was better. And they continue to figure things out.

Either way, why isn't SteezeOG getting posts deleted? Bags aren't shoes.

KEEP THIS STUFF ON TOPIC, GUYS! GOSH!

With a slight bit of research on the internet, you'd find that it's not going to be Keen, as they just launched a new disc golf shoe.

http://www.keenfootwear.com/us/en/product/shoes/men/outdoor/nasu wp/neutral gray!black

If there's anything I learned selling shoes when I was just out of school, it's that you avoid new brands for at least a few seasons. If these indeed are not from a company that is already established, avoid them.

When Under Armour came out with shoes/cleats there are tons of quality issues in the first incarnation of each shoe. The next season was better. And they continue to figure things out.

Either way, why isn't SteezeOG getting posts deleted? Bags aren't shoes.

KEEP THIS STUFF ON TOPIC, GUYS! GOSH!

They aren't released yet and nothing says they will be by the current manufacturer.

They moved the thread already from bags cause I misplaced it. I didn't really feel like making a new thread yet for the bag but I probably will eventually just so the discussion on that can continue if people want. Or if some mod got like really ambitious and wanted to move all the bag posts to a new thread that's cool too. :eek:

Are they waterproof and still cool in the summer? You're close enough to me our summers are about the same and I haven't found a waterproof or goretex shoe yet for disc golf that kept cool in the summer. Maybe I just need a really light color. I liked the pair I had I used them for hiking and fishing. I started to wear them in summer with no socks and after letting them get soaked in river and lake water over a year they finally started to rot and smell so I threw them out but they were really well made I thought.

They are completely waterproof as long as nothing breaches the top, and I've never noticed them feeling hot in the summer. Keeping in mind, it get's near 110 here in central Oklahoma on the regular during the summer. That said, I also played tennis all through high school and college, and those shoes matched up with thick socks and a court that can hover around 160* on the surface might have made anything less seem tolerable. It's all subjective.

I'm 6'2" and weigh about 220-230. I got a pair of the Sawtooths when I was in AZ cause all my shoes were waterproof and made my feet hot as heck. I did alot of hiking in them in Prescott and they were awesome, especially on the rocks and jumping too. So when I got back home from that trip I figured they'd be great for disc. I only played like 3-5 rounds a week back then (about 3 years ago). I ground through the sole and ripped the seems around the toe box and sole in about a month. All and all they lasted as a "serviceable" pair of shoes for 2 months. Really bummed me out cause they are made in the states and the plant a tree deal. Every once in awhile I see them in the store and see if anything has changed in construction and they haven't. But in all seriousness they were great as hiking shoes, crap for disc golf. If I had stayed with them as hiking shoes only, I am positive they would have lasted as long as Merrells and Keens.

Do you typically destroy shoes? And do you use them besides discin'?
It's always been rare for me to get longer than a year out of a pair of shoes (even before discovering disc golf). Merrells made in the USA were the first to go over a year consistently...now that they are is Asia it's like all the other brands...9 months and done...really should be 6. It's the only gear I can't get to last a ridiculously long time for me.

I wear mine on the regular, and yes, I normally blow through shoes pretty quick. I'm not known to be kind to pants or shoes. Drives my wife nuts.

I actually like the shoe so much that they have replaced my very expensive Scarpa's for even my longest day hikes and short backpacking trips. Whenever I'm carrying a pack over 40lbs or so for longer trips, I go back to my Scarpa's simply because they are a bit more stable and have a higher protection for the ankle. The Oboz are super grippy and even more comfortable. Far more comfortable than my Scarpas.

I have heard oboz run narrow, can anyone confirm that?
I have very narrow feet, and the only shoes I have found that fit me are northface, and my current new pair of tevas.
Seems like I have tried everything else and nothing fits, but the other day I was told to try oboz next go around.

So this might be good for me.

I have thin to medium-thin feet, and they fit me really well without having to cinch the laces too tight, and the opening above the tongue still has good space between the two sides. That's kind of abnormal for me. Normally my shoes almost have both sides touching.

looks nice but why no dang color choices again....I freaking hate black!

The Keen Nasu (New Disc Shoe) is the same shoe as the Keen Marshall and Marshall WP... which come in a variety of colours.

The image of the DD Disc shoe isn't working for me at the moment, would love to see it if it gets re-upped.

I hope Keen is using a different sole material than the Delaveagas had. I was very disappointed with the wear rate. By comparison, my Merrell's Vibram sole wears at less than half the rate.

I hope Keen is using a different sole material than the Delaveagas had. I was very disappointed with the wear rate. By comparison, my Merrell's Vibram sole wears at less than half the rate.

No they aren't I've seen the Marshalls. Standard Keen sole.

The problem with Keen's soles is there original focus of water shoes. Their soles got soft to provide better grip on wet surfaces but it sacrificed the durability. They need to come up with two different blends to apply to their whole shoe line. I still buy Keens though cause my feet are so comfortable.

Has anyone seen any updates on these? I know that EMac was wearing a pair in his JO in the bag video, but haven't heard anything else.

wont buy these shoes unless they have a compartment to store an xxl hooded sweatshirt

I saw Rusco wearing a pair today. They seem pretty comfortable and pretty well priced. I wouldn't wear the skate shoe version for playing but I might check out a pair of 13's next week. I want to see how wide they run and the quality a little better first up close. Not sure if I'll wear out my Merrells by the time they offer the disc golf shoe line. It would have to be pretty special to get me away from Merrell Moabs. I know they'll be cheaper priced but that doesn't mean I want them. They'll have to be durable and have an aggressive sole pattern.

Wish them luck but I'm unimpressed. As far as I'm concerned, nothing beats a decent pair of running or trail running shoes on dry, hot days, or Gore-Tex (or equiv) hikers when it's wet out.

Wish them luck but I'm unimpressed. As far as I'm concerned, nothing beats a decent pair of running or trail running shoes on dry, hot days, or Gore-Tex (or equiv) hikers when it's wet out.

I agree but these weren't designed to be played in. Just a comfortable casual shoe. From the description: "When you are done with your day at the course and it's time to hangout with friends, slip on your DISCOVER shoes. The DISCOVER shoe is part of Dynamic Discs Casual Wear. "

Not sure how I like the name but I can't think of anything better at the moment and I don't really care what a shoe is called. Not a fan of skate shoes personally but if they are lightweight that would be a plus.

Just got word that the casual shoes will be in the players pack for an upcoming tournament I registered for. Not a DD guy, but I'll take a "free" pair of shoes anyways. They can't be any worse than the FUBU shoes my grandma bought me in junior high..... :doh:

Latest posts