• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DD Marksmen

Dr.Smooth

Double Eagle Member
Anyone try this yet?

This looks like a really sweet concept: super sturdy basket, portable, well-coated for weather durability and good price point.

Lets start with the pros and cons.

Pretty much the same things as a Gateway Bulls-Eye basket.
I've had one of these for about three years now and its decent to practice on.

I will say though that often times it results in more :wall: than :hfive: .....

Attachments

• portable-baskets-ad2-791x1024.jpg
    portable-baskets-ad2-791x1024.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 196
What about the pros and cons.

I would think it would stand out less in ones backyard, woods, etc..

I guess I'm already biased as I think the current PDGA basket needs an overhaul towards the smaller side of things.

What about the pros and cons.

I would think it would stand out less in ones backyard, woods, etc..

I guess I'm already biased as I think the current PDGA basket needs an overhaul towards the smaller side of things.

Pros: lighter and more maneuverable than a standard sized basket. Really does make you get used to hit the chains in the sweet spot so it'll drop on in.

Cons: can be a confidence crusher. If you are putting on it prior to a tourney and you just can't get it to stick... it will make you feel like you suck. Even though you know that the putt likely would be in on a normal basket, you can't help but get frustrated.

I made a homemade version of a bullseye out of my innova portable basket. It's excellent practice and had Def made me a better putter. Really makes you focus on the sweet spot when you get on the course. It also helps with your mental game, because you stop thinking that the basket "should" have cought that putt and start realizing you missed your spot by 6 inches.

The biggest con is that its a waste of time to practice long putts and jump putts. Too small of a target to hit from that range with any kind of reliability.

Ordered one for myself today, and another 4 ordered through me to be drop shipped various places. I'll post back a quick review after it arrives and I've had a good putting session on it.

I made a homemade version of a bullseye out of my innova portable basket.

Yep. Takes about a minute. Take a piece of rope. Lace it through the chains at the top. Cinch tight. Voilà

I wonder how long it will be till we see 18 of these set up at a high level DG tourney? Making it harder to putt would make all these weird OBs less needed...

Last edited:
I wonder how long it will be till we see 18 of these set up at a high level DG tourney? Making it harder to putt would make all these weird OBs less needed...

I could not handle the level of butt hurt that would cause

I am trying really hard not to order one of these right now. I think the benefits and tightening up of my putting would be way worth it.

looks awesome. i remember wanting to cop a gateway bullseye basket when i was looking for a practice basket, but it was significantly out of my price range. i wish this had existed back then, gonna have to tie the chains on my basket until i can find a good reason to grab one of these... such a great price point on this.

Looks like gateway is so far ahead of every one else.

Looked up gateways version and boy does it look sweet.

Anyone know how the coating/durability compares between the DD Marksman and Gateways practice B.?

I' am definitely a leave my basket out all the time kinda guy.

I broke down and ordered a Marksman last night. I have never seen one of the Gateway in person. I also never wanted to spend $299 on the Gateway, but I see they are down to $229 now.

I thought it would be cool if DD would make a combo set of this basket available that included BOTH tops to have the ability to have both setups with only one pole/basket bottom assembly.

Maybe they will start to sell the tops/chains of each separate at some point if a demand is there.

Yeah, not sure if that is with shipping or without.

Good point.

I also have seen a review, or two, now that state the Bullseye looks Nothing like what they advertise. No powder coating, no stickers/decals. Anyone else hear this about the Bullseye, or experienced it?

Could easily make any baskets like these..no?

Guess i dont understand why you would by one when a regular could be easily modified and avilable at the same price.

Could easily make any baskets like these..no?

Guess i dont understand why you would by one when a regular could be easily modified and avilable at the same price.

Because Ropes and Bungee cords aren't my cup of tea. For those that like to roll their own, more power to them. Myself, I gladly pay $160 for something that is quality built and meant to be the way I bought it.

Ropes and bungies?

All you need are a few chain hooks? Ive done this to my $70 costco basket. I imagine you could do the same with nicer versions was my point.

Also FWIW the costco basket is straight as hell and could buy 2. They all are just practice baskets when it comes down to it.

My Father in Law bought a Costco basket. I have hit it a couple times from 100ft out with some speed and knocked it over. I didn't look to see if it was bent up, or something, but I wasn't impressed with it.

I would also still prefer to pay for something than "Fix it" myself. Just me.