• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dealing with Harassment

Ahhh, great thread drift....

This isn't my favorite Conchords song, but it probably is the most appropriate here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9Qu3iP3RYA

This, on the other hand, is one of my faves: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FArZxLj6DLk&feature=related

"There ain't no party like my Nana's tea party! Hey! Ho!"

corey115 said:
MDR_3000 said:
corey115 said:
Midnightbiker said:
I am sorry if I offended anyone. I was just saying that they guys were saying "Dumb ass white boys" so you can just assume that they were not white. I have no problem with race, I just have problems with jackasses of any color harassing me.

Who is the real racist one in this situation, M.Biker who walked away and was the bigger man, or the one calling him the "dumb ass white boys".

neither?

I say its them because they are pre-judging him, and using the term white boy as a harmful statement. If they would've just said "dumb ass," that wouldn't be racist, that would just make them mean.

Many people would not see calling someone a white boy racist, but turn the tables for a second. Let's say a disc golfer says, "Look at those dumb ass black guys." That is racist and I do not condone it, or agree with it. I'm just saying, adding in someone's skin color to a harmful statement makes it a racial slur, no matter who you are.

[Lumberg] I'm gonna have to, sorta disagree with you there [/Lumberg]

Using the term "white guy" or "black guy" is not racist, they are just adjectives. I'll agree with you though, I can't think of any situation where it absolutely needs to be used like that. But it's not racist.

Keep a good throw away disc in your bag for this. Just be that overly friendly guy, invite them to try a throw, they'll decline. Go up to them give them a quick description of the game, explain that the game is starting to really grow and that the more people playing the better etc etc...
Basically their whole game is they're trying to be intimidating, people get off on it for some reason. If you and the other golfers don't act intimidated it will end, and hopefully with you and everyone else acting friendly you might gain some new players in the area.

I say just walk away. You do not know what is going on in their minds. They seem to be radiating negativity. Midnight Biker you did the right thing.

maybe it needs some personal attacks...............Nickster that was one of the most blatantly ignorant posts EVER

Jesse B 707 said:
:!: this thread should be deleted :!:

:roll:

Let's try this.

There's a course here that is located in a park that is in a sketchy neighborhood. Not the kind of area you want to walk through at night.

If a group of thugs parked near the course started giving me shit I probably wouldn't say anything either.

I wouldn't want to get stabbed or shot.

Oh, the neighborhood is 100% white.

Am I racist?

MDR_3000 said:
oh, and who's ever seen a white thug?
thug_life.jpg

to continue with the topic mid way on page 3...

i like this Flight of the Concords song/vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGOohBytKTU

worthdan said:
to continue with the topic mid way on page 3...

i like this Flight of the Concords song/vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGOohBytKTU

Another classic

Well, I decided to not play that course anymore inless there is a tournament gonig on. Safety in numbers as they say. Its not my favorite course in the area, but it was the closest course to my brother, so I feel sorry for him. That is the only reason we went over there in the first place. I had brought my truck to his house to change the oil. We had to wait for the truck to cool off, so we decided to go get in 18 holes of disc golf while we waited. Oh well, won't be doing that again.

rKp said:
MDR_3000 said:
oh, and who's ever seen a white thug?
thug_life.jpg

That Used to be my Dealer :lol: :lol: Until he went into that sketchy area of town to play disc golf when 2 real thugs seen him and filled him with their lead frm the mini 14s they were carrying.