• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Delta Cart

Have had my Delta cart for 3 months. Bought it after a tournament (2 rounds of 20 holes with lunch in between). Took my score (high) and multiplied that by the weight of my bag (moderate). At 70 years of age I did not want to volunteer to lift over a ton again. I like the product but one needs to consider that it is not good for hilly courses, sandy courses or ones with narrow paths between holes. These limitations have kept it in my car for most of my play. Actually, now that I think about it, I probably could have hired a caddy considering its cost and the number of times I have used it so far. I am sure that the next tournament on a ball golf course will bring the love back.
That said, I modified mine to have a putter bag hangin in front and a drink holder to go on the pole

Trying to decide on the delta cart over the zuca. Has anyone looked at possible rubber latches on the side vs. the Velcro? Both carts have me kind of in the middle. I like the rain fly and water bottle holders better on the zuca but am leaning more on the delta if there is a better way to not run Velcro. Also anyone in the rain have any issues with the storage bags getting soaked thru????

My new Delta cart should arrive tomorrow evening, along with the Bell solid inner tubes (seems like a necessary upgrade with some rough courses around). What I am considering is treating the 6 can cooler like one large water reservoir, trying to place a large rectangular water container in it, possibly with a long camelback style sipper coming out of it attached to the pole. I have sussed out the dimensions but want to hold off on creating/buying anything until I have the cart in front of me.

What do you guys think, It looks to me that a roughly 1 gallon rectangular water container may do the job...?

What I am considering is treating the 6 can cooler like one large water reservoir, trying to place a large rectangular water container in it, possibly with a long camelback style sipper coming out of it attached to the pole.
Maybe check out the Nalgene 340614, 64oz rectangle bottle?

I don't think a 4 foot drink tube will be doable or at least not convenient. That's a lot vacuum needed to pump the water up. Some cheap pet store aquarium tubing would give you an idea of the vacuum needed for that drinking height if you want to test. Thinner tubing will be easier to drink from but less volume.

Maybe add more velcro?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

I've tried that. It doesn't hold properly.

I'm now using a 12" bungee cord on one side of the cart lid and on one of the fenders.

Makes it a little more laborious for sitting on the thing, but it works to secure the lid.

Has anyone done any wheel mods and know what size they are? Got my new cart Friday and have been trying to find a pump that works. Ended up ordering one from amazon, but I am curious the experience you guys have had with it holding.

Tim over at MindBodyDisc suggested replacing the tube with a pool noodle or tubless tire. Curious if anyone has done either and how easier it was, or any other alternatives.

Other question i have is about the handle. Does it always twist? I've tightened it as hard as can and while it doesn't always move up or down, it does twist pretty easy and trying to figure out if it's just something I'm doing wrong. Also, does anyone know what the bottom lever is comprised of or what it is called? Was thinking it might make sense to take the similar approach for keeping the top clamp tight.

Other than those two things, I'm absolutely loving the cart and so happy that my gf surprised me with it. Took it out for a round today and felt so much better than lugging my backpack. Super easy to push around the course and teather my dog to it.

Now it's time to start doing some of the mods I've seen throughout the thread!

I've tried that. It doesn't hold properly.

I'm now using a 12" bungee cord on one side of the cart lid and on one of the fenders.

Makes it a little more laborious for sitting on the thing, but it works to secure the lid.
Not a fan of the plastic locking fasteners? I posted the 3M ones. If anything it might be annoying to pull open. The locking teeth dont grab debris like Velcro

Has anyone done any wheel mods and know what size they are? Got my new cart Friday and have been trying to find a pump that works. Ended up ordering one from amazon, but I am curious the experience you guys have had with it holding.

Tim over at MindBodyDisc suggested replacing the tube with a pool noodle or tubless tire. Curious if anyone has done either and how easier it was, or any other alternatives.

Other question i have is about the handle. Does it always twist? I've tightened it as hard as can and while it doesn't always move up or down, it does twist pretty easy and trying to figure out if it's just something I'm doing wrong. Also, does anyone know what the bottom lever is comprised of or what it is called? Was thinking it might make sense to take the similar approach for keeping the top clamp tight.

Other than those two things, I'm absolutely loving the cart and so happy that my gf surprised me with it. Took it out for a round today and felt so much better than lugging my backpack. Super easy to push around the course and teather my dog to it.

Now it's time to start doing some of the mods I've seen throughout the thread!

One 26" Bell nomorflat solid tube can be cut in half and fits in the 12.5" tires. I haven't done it because I have a compressor but many have done it.

Edit- as far as spinning, try not to twist the handle when driving around. Takes some practice not to twist in it to drive around. If you tighten it too much the tube can crush which would be bad. It's a minor design difficulty - some handlebars and things use similar design, but the tubes have more rough surface to keep them from slipping/spinning.

Last edited:
Would it be possible to sand/roughen up the pole a bit where the clamp attaches? Or wrap a bit of tape around that spot to shim out slightly and provide more for the clamp to tighten on to?

I have never had any issues with the pole twisting after the initial tightening. Even after I adjusted the height after my first round, it was still snug as can be.

Maybe try one of broken shoulders tips, the tape idea may work, albeit a bit messy when it starts to get older or smashed around (the tape... maybe try electrical instead of duct?)

Thanks for the responses guys. I could try some tape, and it's generally not too bad like it's twisting all over the place, but figured after i tightened it that it would be pretty rigid. It wasn't too hard pushing it, but it still had enough give that it would rotate slightly.

I was looking at the bell inserts so I will see how it goes. I ordered a small form pump that Tim from MBD had posted in his write up of the cart, if it doesn't work well, I'll take a look at the other suggestions.

After reading just about every page on the delta cart I am leaning on ordering one within the next week or so.

Only things that I don't like is the drink holder situation and the Velcro for the lid. I Work in a cnc machine shop so I could have some fun making stuff like cutting my name right into the fender.

Was wondering has anyone looked into rubber hood latches as an option?
http://www.amazon.com/Buyers-Mini-Rubber-Hood-Latches/dp/B0000AX4ER/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1462910866&sr=8-9&keywords=small+hood+latch

After reading just about every page on the delta cart I am leaning on ordering one within the next week or so.

Only things that I don't like is the drink holder situation and the Velcro for the lid. I Work in a cnc machine shop so I could have some fun making stuff like cutting my name right into the fender.

Was wondering has anyone looked into rubber hood latches as an option?
http://www.amazon.com/Buyers-Mini-Rubber-Hood-Latches/dp/B0000AX4ER/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1462910866&sr=8-9&keywords=small+hood+latch

It's a great cart and well worth it. Drink holders are easy enough to find. The velcro is a bummer but not a deal break for me. I like the rubber hood latch idea. Let me know if you do that. I'm not very handy (unless it's with the ladies).

Sigh.... So I got my pump and no way it would fit and allow me to pull the piece up to lock it in place. What pump and or attachment are you guys using? Seriously frustrating as I wasn't able to use it for doubles tonight, and probably won't be tomorrow. This really shouldn't be this difficult so I feel like I am missing something blatantly obvious.

Which brings me to my next question, how exactly do I take the wheels off? Is it the tiny pin at the end of the wheel that is outward facing and should I just pull it through with pliers? Again, feel like I am missing something super obvious.

Super frustrating day and this is only compounding it because I want to use it so badly tomorrow.