• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Delta Cart

I use nite ize gear ties to attach it to the pole.

Thanks, I am going to try this: I bought the umbrella holder, but didn't realize that it was going to interfere with the positioning of my putter pouch and water bottle holder. Lasshing an umbrella to the TOP surface of the pole looks like it would work - and those ties look pretty damn cool!

So I ran across an interesting post today on the Delta fan page (FB)
The Delta 10 is sold out, new Delta 11 will be in stock in Oct.
I am really excited to find out what improvements are made on the 10.
Built in cup holders, and a putter pouch on the pole are the two obvious ones to me.
Does anyone have more info on this?

So I ran across an interesting post today on the Delta fan page (FB)
The Delta 10 is sold out, new Delta 11 will be in stock in Oct.
I am really excited to find out what improvements are made on the 10.
Built in cup holders, and a putter pouch on the pole are the two obvious ones to me.
Does anyone have more info on this?

Dunno but it'll probably make me regret buying the 10 with the small number of rounds I've put on it.
Maybe a way to attach the pole so it doesn't twist without crimping it almost to the point of crushing, on board bottle holder, outside putter pouch (makes a hanging monstrosity unnecessary), just a hair wider frame so my Roc3s don't taco when they go in, (wider frame, extra pad so drivers aren't loose) upgrade option to the solid tube insert, better pencil spot that doesn't bend and flex around when you try to put the pencil in, bigger internal phone pouch so phones with cases fit, increase the bottom pouch about 3" taller so the seat sits higher and easier to get rain coats or extra 32 oz bottle in there. Stuff like that.

According to the same FB page, they are going to keep most details underwraps. Guesses would have to be the attachments that everyone seems to be adding to their carts post-production. Obviously some kind of storage on the pole, ala putter pocket. External drink holders are also highly likely. I would not be surprised if it were a little higher ~one of the selling points of the Zuca over the Delta is that you do not have to lower yourself as much to sit. Maybe better front legs. I still have an occasional problem with the cart wanting to move on inclines because the front legs do not bite into the ground. Maybe more disc capacity? Honestly, I do not need to carry more, but that seems to be another selling point of the Zuca.

I really like my Delta, so most of my complaints are trivial.

1) I want to carry my DSLR with me. I even purchased a pouch to attach to the pole, but unfortunately this pouch was still a few inches too tight to securely hold my camera. Right now I have it in the main disc compartment, replacing seven drivers.

2) The pouch I purchased for the cart was obviously not designed for it, so it is a jerry-rigged. One of the clamps (not the cart's fault) already broke, requiring a few bungees to hold it in place until I come up with a better idea.

3) Attaching things to the pole unfortunately creates objects that jut out, making it uncomfortable if I want to lean back a little. Again, this is not really the cart's fault, but the umbrella holder, phone mount, and pouch were not specifically designed for the pole and the pole was not specifically designed to have items mounted on it.

4) I still have not attached any kind of external drink holder. The intended cooler holds two drinks, which is normally enough to get through a tournament round, but this last weekend, when we played in very humid weather, I would not have made it if the tournament had not supplied water every third or fourth hole. I was able to replenish my water bottles from that. I saw a few other people with Deltas that had an external drink holder use the cooler pouch as storage for two or three putters (they did not fit in all the way, but they were secure and easy to access).

5) I would like to see a two pole system, like the Gotta Go Cart, so it could be used as a backrest and provide more lateral stability to items like pouches attached to the pole. It can be made out of the same material, so the added weight would be minimal.

Does not matter. I have the ten and it was a huge investment. Buyer's remorse now would kill me.

Ive always been impressed with the design work and manufacturing at delta.
Im excited to see what changes they make.
It would be killer if they made some of the new changes work with the 10.
That would be a smart salea move on their part.
Sell new carts with all the new goodies.
Sell parts to existing owners.
It's going to be fun to see what they come up with.

Ive always been impressed with the design work and manufacturing at delta.
Im excited to see what changes they make.
It would be killer if they made some of the new changes work with the 10.
That would be a smart salea move on their part.
Sell new carts with all the new goodies.
Sell parts to existing owners.
It's going to be fun to see what they come up with.

This was a selling point for me living near St Paul - they can drill out rivets and put on a new part- the delta is modular this way on purpose.

If an individual regrets buying a Delta 10 simply because they are releasing a newer and inevitably improved version, then they shouldn't be playing with money in the first place.

I still love my delta, and have about zero regrets, or interest in upgrading anytime soon.

What did you use to mount the water bottle holder? I bought a Looney Bin, which I really like, but I'm not having a lot of luck mounting it to the pole.

I tried this ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0111FN8WY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ) because it seemed like a perfect adjustable clamp/mount for the pole, but it has a design flaw: a very thin/weak spot in the middle of the cheap plastic piece that rotates. Those clamps broke in that thin area - twice.

I am still hoping to find a metal clamp that works in a similar fashion, and am still considering mounting a water bottle cage (or two) directly to the sheet metal of the Delta box (still hoping for details on how people have done this!).

I used this holder: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FIE51M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

With this Mount:

https://www.amazon.com/Bell-Clinch-...461&sr=8-4&keywords=bell+universal+cage+mount

I bought the bell at my local target for like $5, I'm not sure why Amazon has it for so much. The holder was too small for my 40oz so I just used the mount on the other cage holder I bought.

After two flats in the same tire in two rounds forced my hand, I did the solid tube mod last night, and I am impressed with it overall. The tube is quite heavy though so if I had it to do again, I'd more than likely just replace the tires with a knobby foam tire. Live and learn...

Rolling Idlewild tomorrow with it and looking forward to not worrying about dragging the cart around with a flat tire. Actually excited about waking up before the sun to try it out.

Were you riding your cart around Steve?

I'm holding off on any tire mods until the last minute, as well.

Rounds at Osage Grove are brutal for me. Thorns are everywhere I throw.

Seriously, just replace your tires altogether. I broke all my plastic tire changing tools and eventually just went and got screwdrivers before I could actually get the tire back on the rim. You have to manhandle the outside of the tire to get it back on the rim.

Two delta carts on top card today!
Ricky and Cam both.
Lots of shots of the carts on smashboxx.
This is great marketing for delta.
Im going to bet the Delta 11 sells well when it drops.

I played a fun round today and won my card easily. I attribute it to being refreshed because I had a cart while they had to lug around their started bags all round.

The Idle round with the solid tubes was fantastic. I didn't feel the extra weight as much as I thought when pushing/pulling. I was just as exhausted after the round add I usually am with the inner tubes. :) Idle wasn't in the shape it usually is, and I didn't really feel like the cart was plowing (if that makes any sense) when the grass got tall. That's kind of a nice feeling

I still would look more seriously at full foam wheel replacements if I had it to do over again though. They look like they'd be a little lighter which I think might help with bagging days. Really, no ragrets though. Not even one letter.

The Idle round with the solid tubes was fantastic. I didn't feel the extra weight as much as I thought when pushing/pulling. I was just as exhausted after the round add I usually am with the inner tubes. :) Idle wasn't in the shape it usually is, and I didn't really feel like the cart was plowing (if that makes any sense) when the grass got tall. That's kind of a nice feeling

I still would look more seriously at full foam wheel replacements if I had it to do over again though. They look like they'd be a little lighter which I think might help with bagging days. Really, no ragrets though. Not even one letter.

I live in the same area as you and play the same courses. I actually tried one wheel foam and one with the Bell solid tubes. My experience was the solid tubes are less bouncy and the cart tends to roll more "true". Even with the weight difference I prefer the solid tubes.

Good to know, Phil. I'm not planning on testing any further, but it sounds like I made the right choice. I think "true" is a good word. As much as I thought the bounce was a good thing, the cart just rolls so much better with the solid tubes. I've even been back to Goshen (Osage Grove) where I got my punctures and loved not having to worry about getting another one.

I have the cash saved up for what I think the 11 will cost for pre-order (a little more than the 10?) - yay disc sales. :clap:

One question for carts in general - Are they more of hassle than a bag for quick solo rounds? I.E. uneven terrain courses where I look to move fast. My only exposure to carts is watching tourney rounds/leagues where the play is much slower.I play with larger groups every Sunday, which is where I think the cart will be nice to take a load off my back/sitting. Just curious if anyone still uses a bag vs. a cart in certain situations like solo rounds etc.

I have the cash saved up for what I think the 11 will cost for pre-order (a little more than the 10?) - yay disc sales. :clap:

One question for carts in general - Are they more of hassle than a bag for quick solo rounds? I.E. uneven terrain courses where I look to move fast. My only exposure to carts is watching tourney rounds/leagues where the play is much slower.I play with larger groups every Sunday, which is where I think the cart will be nice to take a load off my back/sitting. Just curious if anyone still uses a bag vs. a cart in certain situations like solo rounds etc.

I switch back and forth. If I'm solo I'm probably bringing the bag, or a rough terrain/lots of stairs/rock walls etc. For a longer round or even a "park style" course that is flatter with trees, I've had very enjoyable rounds with just two people and my cart. With two it's a quick round but it's not any more hassle to roll with good terrain. There are very well designed handles to pick up and move if need be.

I think it's a mindset thing - on a casual round that is actually casual, rolling is the most comfortable and easy going. On a single round that you're going fast, the bag is probably fastest.

I notice that Ricky keeps the lid closed and openes it to get discs, that's probably because it's a tournament round and when I'm watching him play is very slow. I keep the lid open most of the time and just close it when I want to sit, which is much less frequent than every time I am grabbing and replacing a disc.