• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Destroyer that's not a destroyer

Spike Hyzer

Birdie Member
I am looking for a disc that is similar to a destroyer in speed and flight, at least speed 12, possibly slightly more OS but not Xcal stability. Any thoughts? Tried searching with no luck. I just want something the same but different haha.

The trespass is slightly slower and distinctly less overstable.

i can see the slower part, but after throwing one a decent amount today it seemed to have more stability than my destroyers

I am looking for a disc that is similar to a destroyer in speed and flight, at least speed 12, possibly slightly more OS but not Xcal stability. Any thoughts? Tried searching with no luck. I just want something the same but different haha.

I just throw the old 160s pop top Destroyers for the overstable slot. The new bottom stamps are equally overstable.

If you don't want to look for overstable Destroyers I found the Westside Tournament Giant to be very similar to an overstable Destroyer.

I think the trespass and giant sound like good options. Anyone fh these? I have a nice flat destroyer that flies great fh and bh. What about the D1 or D2? I love the prodigy plastic.

I fh the trespass and giant. I also used to fh DD's.

Trespass gives you so many lines because it has turn but the late fade kicks in hard.

I honestly think the DD is more HSS and LSS than the trespass.

The giant is clearly faster and beefier. The giant seems to have an extremely consistent fade but not the strongest fade. Its more HSS than the trespass and DD but I still think the DD has more LSS

I concur with the Giant suggestion. I used to throw the S/DS Destroyers and this thing is about the closest I can find to those. Beefy but not unthrowable. If you pair it with the Trespass which is comparable to a slightly beat (older) Echo Destroyer you'll have most of longer shots taken care of.

Then get a Stiletto just for fun!

Try to find a pop top Destroyer. It's hard to tell what youre saying without knowing if you're aware that destroyer isn't one disc, it's a whole range of different variations on the same mold. The new bottom stamp star destroyers are pretty hoggy. I don't know how much more OS you would need.