• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG Caddie needs a new home in DFW

mreavey

6 year old housebroken/crate trained and neutered chocolate lab has been my caddie since he was weeks old. He is awesome! Unfortunately I'm a single full-time daddy now and I need to give my son my full attention. The dog will find a bad throw in tall weeds, thick brush, creeks and shallow ponds. If you have a floating disc will swim after them. I've taken him to fields and throw for what seemed like hours. He won't chew the disc up unless you leave him w it. Just bring a rag to whipe the slobber. He's improved my game just keeping him around. He's compassionate and calmer than when he was a pup.

Who needs a caddie for the course? Free to a good home in DFW area. Pics upon request. Email [email protected]

On this site you wont get much love for a disc dog. I know If I was in your area I may have to take you up on your offer. He would be a great friend to my female black lab!

^Actually, I'm sure this site will help in your search for a new home for your dog.

Eight people posting in the pet peeve thread about how they don't like disc dogs do not represent the other 10,000 members.

Good luck!

Its sad that you have to get rid of a good dog, but at least its for a good reason. If i was around that area i'd definitely take a good dog, mine just got put down.

^Actually, I'm sure this site will help in your search for a new home for your dog.

Eight people posting in the pet peeve thread about how they don't like disc dogs do not represent the other 10,000 members.

Good luck!

we are old members, it is now double that (21,000)

pic

chillin on porch

Attachments

• 2011-04-24_14-42-19_720.jpg
    2011-04-24_14-42-19_720.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 127
I wish I had more room but the three big dogs I have now are making it impossible to get another i really wish i could help man and i hate to see a man lose his friend

Good luck to you and your pup

I wish I had more room but the three big dogs I have now are making it impossible to get another i really wish i could help man and i hate to see a man lose his friend

Good luck to you and your pup

I'm in a similar situation, we've also got 3 bigguns' or I'd take him in a heartbeat. My dogs won't even caddy for me :hfive:

I wish I lived in TX. I would pick him up in a heartbeat. Good luck on your search and I hope you find him a good home.

Omg, if I had to give away my golden retriever it would feel like ripping my heart out, but huge kudos to you for making the sacrifices necessary for your son. We need more dads like you in this world.

Keep us posted.

How is he around small children, esp 3-5 yr olds? Does he dig in the yard or break out? Any health issues?

Hes perfect around children. I have been a single dad almost since my 2.5 year olds birth and there hasn't been a SINGLE incident of concern. I would say the only thing is if hes in the house he may hip-check your 3 year old but its nothing flagrant ;)

We've been in apts his whole life so no digging issues to speak of.

No issues with his health other than the odd stinky ear, but Ive been mitigating that by cleaning them out w vinegar and a cotton ball. It comes from him getting into lake water in the summer. If you keep him out of the water, it shouldn't come back. Otherwise just keep it clean.

He is about 80 pounds and comes to about my knee in height.. so not a HUGE lab.