• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG course ads

kurt

After putting together some band wraps for my local club, i thought i would post here to see if other clubs are interested in this service. The wrap is sized for the gold band on innova discatchers. Contact me for pricing. The material the ad is printed on is vinyl which is then laminated.
band wraps.jpg

first run at local course is going in within a week or so, will post pictures then. local course is using the third down from the top wrap on the attached picture in the first post.

got all 18 gold band wraps from the printer and installed on the course:

Attachments

• gold-basket-14.jpg
    gold-basket-14.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 140
  • gold-basket-18.jpg
    gold-basket-18.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 107
Yeah they look great, and they're really easy to install (my wife and I helped Kurt with the installation). Our club raised $500 per hole for these sponsorships, and after about a year and a half, we have 16/18 baskets on the course sponsored. These sponsorships have made the layout we have possible.

If y'all are thinking about doing this on a public course, make sure the parks department is okay with it - our county explicitly allows it in their "parks use agreement."

After putting together some band wraps for my local club, i thought i would post here to see if other clubs are interested in this service. The wrap is sized for the gold band on innova discatchers. Contact me for pricing. The material the ad is printed on is vinyl which is then laminated.
View attachment 20504

Is there any problem with Innova? It seems like since you are basically placing your local ads over theirs. Just wanna be sure.

Though they might not be happy with it, I don't think they'd have any legal ground to stand on if they wanted to force you to remove them. They can't force you to leave their advertising on the basket once you've purchased it from them. Now, if they gave you a discount on the pricing and made you sign an agreement that covered this issue as part of the discount, then they could do something about it.

This is just like the badges the car dealer puts on your car. No way they can stop you from removing them once you've bought the car.

I really doubt innova cares. Anyone who is actually in a position to buy baskets is going to recognize those as innova baskets because of the top band.

i checked with the club officials on the innova topic, i wanted to make sure innova did not give the club special pricing. We also had two blank ad spaces which i placed the innova logo on (at least until the club sales the ad space). I agree with AcesandChains: once you purchase something it is yours to do with as you please. I used to take all logos of all my clothing, not wanting to be a walking billboard. The thought never crossed my mind that the jean company would sue me for removing their brand. Now if we bought innova baskets, removed their logo, placed a different logo on it and tried to sale it as a different basket then we would have problems.

I think Innova East has someone in house that will make custom bands.

The club considered that route when we bought the baskets, but Innova didn't show much (if any) interest in having their in-house guy work with us. We also didn't have the sponsorships sold at the time we bought the baskets, and didn't want to spend the $ or the effort to ship them to SC and back one at a time as we sold each sponsorship. We did get the baskets for $300 each because we bought a full set of 18, but Innova advertises that bulk rate on their website. We were also able to save on shipping by sending a couple of club members on a road trip over to their factory in SC to pick them up. Of course that's easier to do from metro Atlanta than it is from, say, Michigan. :)

Last edited:
I really doubt innova cares. Anyone who is actually in a position to buy baskets is going to recognize those as innova baskets because of the top band.

My guess is that Innova would be happy for their Discatcher sales to increase if and when this idea catches on. :)

Latest posts