• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG karma, and found discs...

x3billRONIN

Ok, so I found a Xcaliber yesterday at Prairie Center dgc (Olathe, Ks)... no name, no number. If anyone out there is missing one, and can tell me the color, weight, and hole where it was lost, I'd be more than happy to give it back to you!

keep it because there to lazy to put info on it. If they cant spend 1 min to put there info on it, why should you take time to try and find them?

I think everyone usually agrees that if there is no name or number, you can still make a reasonable attempt to find the owner, but for all intents and purposes, that disc is now yours.

I was at a course Sat morning trying to get a round in before a tournament started. I wasnt there for the tourny but just happened to show up. I cought up with 3 guy that were practicing and they let me join for a few holes. After they left I kept going. Sure enough I find a disk on 9. No name, no number, just some half ass initials. I kept it untill I got back to the parking lot. I handed it in to the TD, just then the 3 of them are walking up, so I let them know the disc was there. But DAMN how hard is it to put a phone number on your discs? If you are not worried if you loose them then dont worry about putting a little Sharpie on them either.

I guess I'm pulling up dead threads tonight.

I overshot an approach with my Z Buzzz tonight and it landed in the underbrush near the basket for the 12th hole. Not to pat myself on the back, but I drilled an awesome putt from the rough and ran up to the basket to scoop my disc...leaving my Buzzz in the rough. Going to the last hole I realized that I was one disc shy in my bag...the Buzzz. As soon as my round was done I jumped into my car and drove to the 12th hole (luckily the fairway borders a street). As I pulled up on the basket there was a couple with their phone out looking at the back of my disc. I jumped out of the car and walked up to them and the girl says "are you Rogers?", I said I was and she snapped her phone shut and goes "then I guess I don't need to finish dialing you then" and handed over my disc. I thought that was a pretty cool move on their part. Maybe good karma for the disc that I returned earlier in the afternoon? Mayhap?

This happened with me, but opposite.. I found an old 11x Firebird with Ace signatures all over it and a phone number. just as I was about to pull out my phone to call the guy, he come running over a hill to my left asking if I saw a disc lying around. He said he had had that disc since he started and he didn't know what he would do without it.

I gotta say kudos to you guys for calling those people, to note though, they did have names and numbers on them. This fellow does not. If there is a name and number I will call the person but no name no number... well, finders keepers. If it had a name and number on it and you didn't return it thats pretty crappy.

BTW I was out at one of the AM Worlds courses the other day and there was this kid out looking for peoples lost discs (he was 17). He didn't say he was looking for them but he totally was. Little vulture didn't have a single disc with his name on it, but plenty of other peoples.

Latest posts